85mm TB on my door step!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks

Yeah I am pretty sure I want the 14" mufflex, how do you like yours?

Gunz, do you know if the 14" will fit a 2012 2500?? I beleive the undercarrage is similar. An update to my TB after about another 400 miles from the orignal change, I have seen a improvement of 1 mpg with the gas- this has been the 1st time my truck seen 16.4 mpg. Am waiting for the vararam, catch can, and will put Amsoil in next oil chnge- just changed for the first time this weekend with Mobile 1 FULL SYNTHETIC at 5,000 miles with no issues. Looking forward to getting it all together. Joe

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Gunz, do you know if the 14" will fit a 2012 2500?? I beleive the undercarrage is similar. An update to my TB after about another 400 miles from the orignal change, I have seen a improvement of 1 mpg with the gas- this has been the 1st time my truck seen 16.4 mpg. Am waiting for the vararam, catch can, and will put Amsoil in next oil chnge- just changed for the first time this weekend with Mobile 1 FULL SYNTHETIC at 5,000 miles with no issues. Looking forward to getting it all together. Joe

I believe that MOE'S carries a MagnaFlow 14" muffler that can be welded in but I don't think he has the mufflex bolt on type for the 2500.

I also noticed an increase in gas mileage from 12.8 to about 14.9 but I haven't been driving to much the last few days. I am surprised your pulling better mileage with a bigger truck, I wonder if that's normal? I still have a low whistling under high Rpm and have taken it all the way down and back together with no luck so I think I am stuck with it, lol. It actually sounds kind of cool.

Last edited:

MayheM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CC 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks

Yeah I am pretty sure I want the 14" mufflex, how do you like yours?

It sounds really good and clean, which is great in my opinion. It's not super loud or anything though(guess it depends on your tastes), and I knew it wouldn't be when I put it on, which is why I'll eventually throw a cutout on it for when I want it to be louder..

That aside, it sounds great and I haven't had any cab drone at all really, which is nice when just cruising down the highway, but when you open it up it sounds good.

Now I just want my friend to drive my truck around so I can hear what it sounds like while not in the truck haha.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It sounds really good and clean, which is great in my opinion. It's not super loud or anything though(guess it depends on your tastes), and I knew it wouldn't be when I put it on, which is why I'll eventually throw a cutout on it for when I want it to be louder..

That aside, it sounds great and I haven't had any cab drone at all really, which is nice when just cruising down the highway, but when you open it up it sounds good.

Now I just want my friend to drive my truck around so I can hear what it sounds like while not in the truck haha.

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for not to loud but enough to tell everyone that its a HEMI. I was also looking at cut outs but with a baby ******* the way I have to shift some of the funds over to a baby crib, still getting the muffler swap though :D

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I believe that MOE'S carries a MagnaFlow 14" muffler that can be welded in but I don't think he has the mufflex bolt on type for the 2500.

I also noticed an increase in gas mileage from 12.8 to about 14.9 but I haven't been driving to much the last few days. I am surprised your pulling better mileage with a bigger truck, I wonder if that's normal? I still have a low whistling under high Rpm and have taken it all the way down and back together with no luck so I think I am stuck with it, lol. It actually sounds kind of cool.

Gunz, that mpg is crusing highway at or below 65mph and on a 200 mile trip, I read that there is a big difference belwo 65 and over 65, it has made a difference. Most of the time avg 14ish on shorter drives. I have not noticed any whistling, maybe it is from the increased spinning of air?
Moe mentioned to go with Magna Flow 24" and keep the resonator. After the catch can and vararam, that will come next.