9.25 Rear end questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
Long time, good looking trucks here lately.

As some of you will remember, I've been having rear end clunk since the day I bought my truck. I FINALLY got around to opening up the rear diff myself (not having a monkey at QuickyfuckfuckLube do it), and while there are no metal shavings, there are chunks of teeth missing from one of the spider gears. I know that I myself cant rebuild the inside of a differential. All the quotes I've gotten seem to be in the 900-1500 range, parts and labor. The ring/pinion gears seem to still be intact. The biggest problem for me is the turnaround time of over a week. I started looking at junk yards for trucks I could pull an entire axle from, and while I was doing that I stumbled across this (site selling whole axle assemblies for less than the cost of a rebuild). The only problem being that they only have 2008-2010 years, which have disc breaks.

SO after all that here's my question; for a 1999 1500 4wd with the 9.25 rear end, what years can I swap into it without any fab work? Can I use the later 200x axles? I've done a fair bit of googling and cant seem to find any definitive answer.

Thanks in advance,
Dory

Thundervee

Reaction score
Ram Year
98, 05
Engine
5.9 Gas 5.7 hemi
I would think you could use any that doesn't have disc brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk