92 dies while stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tkadavy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,
I picked up a 92 w150 5 speed with a 318 and it runs great. I recently ran into a problem where it will die when stopping at a light. Never while running down the road. I try to restart and it just cranks. If i wait for 5 mins or so it fires right up and will run all the way home. Its very sporatic amd always starts back up if i wait a while. No acceleration problems so i dont think its fuel. Any ideas? I figured it was an emmisions sensor or something. Figured one of you could rattle off the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Pntyrmvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the check engine light come on when you try to restart? If it does NOT and then does when it finally starts the pcm is done.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

OP
OP
T

Tkadavy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't get a check engine light at all that I have noticed. I'll keep closer attention next time it happens. I do get the oil light when it dies but I assumed that's because accessory power is just on at that point.