99 Dodge Ram 1500 Questions!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
First off I want to say I'm a proud owner of a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 LT yesterday, I traded my 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD for this beast. From what I see so far I really like this truck. It's solid and sturdy, but it also has a lot of work that needs to be done too it. So the only way I can think of too make this seem legit and not having this topic boring and straight to the point I will number the things that are top of my too do list.

1. Both FRNT & PASSENGER Door panels need to be replaced.
2. The carpet in the front of the truck is DMG and needs too be taken out and replaced.
3. Both FRNT & PASSENGER seats need replaced.
4. Driver seatbelt plastic holder needs replaced.
5. Heater makes an alien humming noise when it is completely turned on too Max. Does not turn on Min or Half way, only Max
6. Needs a new paint job, too many scratches when I bought it.

So I hope this sums up a little bit of the issues I have figured out since getting it yesterday. If you know were to get new carpets seats and a new paint job please let me know

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
Yeah, I was going to suggest LMC Truck too. You can order door panels and dash kits and carpeting too.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
5. Heater makes an alien humming noise when it is completely turned on too Max. Does not turn on Min or Half way, only Max

The first part of this can be junk in the bearings of the blower motor. It drops out the bottom of the heater box behind the glove blox. Drop it out and see how it spins / clean out everything real good.

The second part is likely the resistor pack. I don't recall where it's located, but you'll be best off just buying a new unit from the dealer. They aren't terribly expensive.

Best of luck with what can potentially be a great truck!

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thank you guys, I will surely look into this information. This will be a great truck when I'm done with it. Need to focus on the interior before anything. The Private seller was a weed user so I got left suprises that did not last long when I found it.. But thank you again, ill keep everyone updated with the finish product

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Well I decided to take a picture of my 99 Dodge Ram 1500 LT. His name is Grimace, cause it will be a pain once I start working on him

CIMG5834_zps314822a3.jpg