a/c heat panel issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2003 ram 1500 slt 5.7

when i change the air flow from defrost to floor or mix, it always stays the same...blowing out the dash vents. is this a blend door issue or something else? its actually been cold here in houston and i want some hot air blowing on my feet!;)

it has no problem closing the door from fresh air to recirculate.

thanks!

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yup, sounds like a blend door issue. There are 5 doors in the system so it does sound like at least one has failed. You have a few options to fix it, butcher the HVAC box and install the Heater Treater parts or do it the right way which is more labor intensive and pull the dash and the HVAC box out so you can replace the doors properly. Bunch of videos on youtube that cover replacing the doors. If you pull the HVAC box, it's a great time to replace the heater and evap cores and clean the whole box too. Replace the foam seal while you are at it Home Depot has seals that you can cut to fit) and have a HVAC system that works like new.

I'm taking the more work route and going to replace all the doors with ones from Blend Door USA and get the new cores. I had gotten the Heater Treater kit and wasn't impressed with the build quality on it and didn't really like the idea of destroying the HVAC box so I'm returning the kit to them.

Bigdog9598

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 - 4x2 - SLT
Engine
4.7 flex
I also went the blend door USA option. absolutely worth the effort. yes pulling the dash is time consuming, but not really difficult. you tube video of a guy doing a 08, 2500, interior is identical to my 1500. he is very detailed in showing every bolt, nut, clip, etc..

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I also went the blend door USA option. absolutely worth the effort. yes pulling the dash is time consuming, but not really difficult. you tube video of a guy doing a 08, 2500, interior is identical to my 1500. he is very detailed in showing every bolt, nut, clip, etc..

Link to the vid if you can find it again. I still need to do mine.