a/c,heat ??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian's07RamHEMI 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK so my a/c an heat both blow but not at your feet,can this be diagnosted(sp) by me or do i need a scan tool to see why it doesnt blow out the floor??? When you select the floor it comes outta the defrost..whats the problem??? Thanks..Brian

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
no matter what selection it doesnt come out at feet? are any of the toher selections messed up? I believe the scan tool won't help unless you are throwing a CEL light. The heater controls are electrical so its probably a simple ground issue or short wire. Start at the floor selection are and work your way back making sure no wires are stripped or freyed. I bet when you look behind there you will find the culprit.

I havent actually taken it apart but try that I bet you find the reson.

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
the easiest way would be to get another "controller" from a wrecked dodge and try that one out. but if not like I said take it apart and if you have some electrical knowledge I think you would find it.

I am assuming alot on these post im sure someone that knows more will be along soon to help you out

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
sounds like a blend door malfunction to me too....are the ones on the Ram vacuum operated or electric? I am use to them being vacuum operated with the s10's.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its defiantly the blend door. Very common problem on the Rams

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
A BIG THANKS lilfroger,thats what i was hoping for!!!!!....THANKS AGAIN....Brian

Yeah someone spelled it right smiley_emoticons_unknownauthor_trink.gif

I hope that works for you. I didn't do the install but know someone who just did it and he said it was a great install.

blackshadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sweeet that is good to know hopefully I won't have that problem with mine but you never know.