A good solid 2/4 drop

Discussion in 'Lowered' started by Colin_5.7, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Colin_5.7

Colin_5.7 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    So I installed a 2in leveling kit a while back thinking I was going to use it to go off-roading a lot. But honestly I don't have time (plus it's a 2wd so I would have to bring a friend with a 4x4) so I want to lower it. I would like to put 22in srt10 reps and a 2/4 drop but I don't know much about them. I don't want to rub or have any scraping issues, I am just looking for a good quality product for me and my wallet 2/4 kit, thanks. [​IMG](as it sits now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Brody57

Brody57 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 RCSB
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    In my opinion there's only two companies out there worth buying their drop kits. That's Belltech and McGaughy's kits. Most guys here run the Belltechs and seem to really like them.

jotin likes this.
  3. jotin

jotin Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    [​IMG]

I want to say mine is the Mcgaughys Kit. But I cut my spring a bit more and had a bit more in the rear.

3/5 drop here. I didn't like how it sat at the 2/4 level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. usaf2006

usaf2006 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Majority of 4th gens run the beltech, but I'd say most 3rd gens run the mcgaughys kits. Check out their website and you'll see their prices are reasonable for their reputation and quality.

5. Bullitt5339

Bullitt5339 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I would highly suggest getting the Deluxe kit with spindles if you can. Yes, it's more expensive, but you'll never have a single problem with front end geometry and wearing other parts out prematurely.

- From the guy spending a lot of money to replace parts and get the front end geometry back to acceptable levels.