About time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Truck cleans up good! I too am a fan of the 'dark blue and chrome/polished' look.

Sent from my LG 8.3 GPe

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Dave, here's a better picture of the cab lights lit
They don't bother me nearly as bad as my drivers side running light working when it wants to
Anybody have any ideas why it's out sometimes? I guess easiest thing would be to change the bulb

Start with the bulb, and if that doesn't do it, start working your way down the wiring. I had a similar issue with my taillight earlier this year. I ended up finding 2 wires that were shorted, but not broken through the rubber. The short ended up frying the resistor in my LED tail, so that had to be replaced as well.

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Decided this looks better in the bed then under it, left the muffler in cause I do so much highway driving
FC5-86111B1D886D-3654-000002E8E8236498_zps2cd8578c.jpg
I put an AFE intake on on Sunday too
Now it makes a lot more noise, not as much as I'd like but I should be happy with it driving 4 hours home

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
A1E-072CE6994BD3-6959-0000052678D7A01A_zps916bbba1.jpg

This past weekend I replaced the steering gearbox after I the output shaft seal started leaking on the old one and I had to beat the hell out of it to get the pitman arm off. While the truck was down Friday night I decided to pull the door spears off too
I also got a 4 in/5" out stainless MBRP tip and Fumoto drain valve
C87-A15CEEB29E4F-6959-000005252A7D0954_zpsf2decf29.jpg

I was going to wait and post pictures of everything I have all installed but idk when that'll be

-OEM style flares are at a buddies shop being painted right now so the bed sides will be cleaned up soon
-2.5" progressive rate springs are to be delivered to my parents Wednesday, had them sent there purposely so I would have to wait a few weeks to install them
-285/75/17 terra grapplers will be here Wednesday also, decided to be responsible and hold off on wheels till next spring/summer

Can't wait to get rid of the 265/70/17 cooper stt on it

I have a retrofit kit, oracle LED rings an a 30" LED bar sitting here too but I don't think I'll be putting them on the truck after all

Scott did you ever order that locking tailgate handle? My birthdays next week and I was thinking it might be something good to ask for

Last edited:

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tires look good. Just getting rid of the coopers because they are bald or because you didn't like how they rode?

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Both!
I drive all highway so they're way to aggressive, I had them on the rear of a dually dump truck and didn't really have any complaints there

To be fair they were shot when I bought the truck so I can't really give you a quality review on them

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks stng

Again. Truck looks great. I miss shifting gears for real. Getting a manual transmission is near impossible anymore as I'm sure you are aware.

Good choice on tires. I will probably end up with same as yours, bfg a/t, or cooper at3. But lots of cooper stt round here and im always tempted by cheap used sets from folks who didn't like em.

Keep up the good work.

Spend money on the truck while you are still officially single
;)

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
O I know! I helped a buddy find a truck last winter, he was looking for a brand new Laramie Cummins with a manual in dark blue with silver two tone. It ended up being funny, he was in Texas for work at the time and him and I were looking all over the country and he ended up finding one at a dealer within 50 miles from home.

My dad gives me a hard time about getting a manual, he drives one all day so I can see where he's coming from

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
we have 2 places down here that people come from all across the country to get their diesels done......

one in my home town: cedar city diesel performance (specialize in cummins)

one down south of me: beans diesel performance.