AC blowing from both vents and floor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexslo1k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have read the wild vents issue and this is not my problem although it was at one time. I replaced the check valves.
My Problem is that when I turn the knob to full AC it blows from the vents and the floor. This is driving me crazy as I live in south Florida and AC is very important.

I took the dash bezel out and I see the controls have multiple vacuum hoses going to them. I would assume that my issue is there or maybe elsewhere
I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thank you,
Alex

OP
OP
Alexslo1k

Alexslo1k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still haven't been able to pin point this issue.
My Ac is set to max AC so it should only blow through the dash vents but It is being diverted to both Dash and floor.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Check your ac accumulator to see if all the hoses are fitted properly. Also check the hoses that run from the accumulator to the firewall. Fyi that bottom hose that is cut is your drainage hose.

Attachments

• 20140919_142446.jpg
    20140919_142446.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 87

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If all the other positions work right then I would think the selector vacuum switch might have some lines routed wrong. That's my guess. 99 or 2000 the blend door went to a stepper motor and ditched the cable blend door. Just an FYI. But I would bet that its the vacuum routing from the switch.

OP
OP
Alexslo1k

Alexslo1k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Merc I thought about that but then I thought since I can select different settings that means the door is working.
I can select from defrost to floor to dash vents and it will direct the air according to where I switch it to. But when I do select Max AC it flows air through my dash and my feet. This would not be such a big pain in my @$$ if I didn't live in south florida.

I pulled the bezel out and looked at the back side of the switch and noticed it has a bunch of colored vacuum hoses I have looked for a diagram to see what color is for which selection.

My truck is a 99 ram 1500 Sport with all power options. And leather that gets hotter than hell. LOL

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
On page 24-12 of the factory service manual on here, there is a diagram for the vacuum system you are talking about. I can't remember where the manual is on here, but I'll try and find it