AC Condenser/Transmission Oil Cooler??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coopsdc32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 5.7 hemi. It has the tow/haul button, the 7 pin hookup, and a trailer hitch but i haven't been able to locate an external transmission cooler. I traced the lines and the lines go right to the AC condenser. Is the AC condenser a hybrid transmission cooler? Is that standard on the tow package?

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
The trans cooler is in front of the ac condenser and that's in front of the rad

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have a 2011 as well, and it looks like they are a joint unit. One radiator with 4 connection points, and internally divided.

Think two radiators stacked on top of one another, and welded together. I was very confused at first when I was doing my tranny fluid swap by this as well. I guess a failure in either means replacing the whole unit which kind of sucks, but... whatchya gonna do?

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a DIY replacement? Mine is not flowing fluid to my trans and I bought a replacement but wanted to install myself if I could. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro