AC/HEAT issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjg26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
2004 Ram 2500 Diesel, auto trans, dual climate control

Ok, so last summer my heater core began leaking. The dash came off and the heater core and condenser (is that the right name? or is it the evap core?) were replaced behind the dash. My truck has the dual climate controls. Long story short after reinstalling everything and recharging the system, now my drivers side does not get great heat when the heat is on, and my passenger side does not get great AC when the AC is on. There is a very noticeable difference between the drivers and passenger sides it both of these cases.

I confirmed that all the "doors" were working well when i had everything taken apart.

The ONLY thing I can think that would be causing an issues is that the foam on those doors was rotten off and i replaced it with small foam weather stripping prior to reinstall. Maybe causing some interference?

Someone please help, my wife is gong to kill me in this lovely summer heat and I don't want to freeze my tail off this winter.

Where do I start?

Keith

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Better get to removing the dash again. Check all the foam and check the blending doors once more. If possible check the heat and ac switches and or buttons, levers

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kjg26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What do you mean by check the switches?

OP
OP
K

kjg26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'm almost positive those work. They do adjust the temps. It's just not balanced side to side. I find it unusual that the driver get cold but not hot and the passenger hot but not cold. Which doors would that indicate are not working appropriately

Bigguy45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had a bad heater core do this one time. It didn't leak but must have been restricted because it acted the same way you are describing. Replaced it and no problems

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My ac wasn't blowing out my passenger side for a while, thought it was the blend door, found out the freon was low and the valve was leaking back by the firewall. Replaced the valve and recharged it, works great out both sides now.

OP
OP
K

kjg26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Would a bad heater core cause my pass side AC to work halfway? I could understand hear but can't figure how it would affect the AC.

Bigguy45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would a bad heater core cause my pass side AC to work halfway? I could understand hear but can't figure how it would affect the AC.
My mistake I meant evap core

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kjg26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So evap Core will cause both issues?