AC/heater blower problems

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by Sbuford, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Sbuford

Sbuford Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have an 07 ram 1500 and I've been having some problems with the AC/heat blower. Once I turn the AC/heat on, it blows from the front vents only. It will not let me switch to any other position. What's worse is that after driving for awhile, it stops blowing out the front vents. I can still hear it blowing, it's just not coming out of ANY vents. If I turn it off for a while and then turn it back on, it will blow out of the front vents for a while, but will stop again. It's an endless cycle and very frustrating. I'm trying to avoid the dealership and I feel like I can probably fix it myself, just need to know what to fix. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. SilverStreak88

SilverStreak88 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Eco Gasser
    Sounds like a possible failing HVAC control unit, are you getting any other mode besides vent ?

3. Sbuford

Sbuford Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    No. It won't switch to any other mode. It will only come out of the front vents.

4. Sbuford

Sbuford Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Bump. Anyone have some ideas?

5. Bullitt5339

Bullitt5339 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Take the blower motor out and reach your hand up in there and you should feel a hole. The recirculate blend door is located right over top of that hole and it has a habit of breaking and falling down on top of the hole and blocking air flow. If that's the case, you'll feel it just kind of laying in there. Grab it and yank it out and if that's the problem you'll have airflow again.

That doesn't fix your other problem, it not switching modes, that could be a different blend door problem or blend door actuator or the controller.