AC/heater blower problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbuford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 07 ram 1500 and I've been having some problems with the AC/heat blower. Once I turn the AC/heat on, it blows from the front vents only. It will not let me switch to any other position. What's worse is that after driving for awhile, it stops blowing out the front vents. I can still hear it blowing, it's just not coming out of ANY vents. If I turn it off for a while and then turn it back on, it will blow out of the front vents for a while, but will stop again. It's an endless cycle and very frustrating. I'm trying to avoid the dealership and I feel like I can probably fix it myself, just need to know what to fix. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Sounds like a possible failing HVAC control unit, are you getting any other mode besides vent ?

OP
OP
S

Sbuford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No. It won't switch to any other mode. It will only come out of the front vents.

OP
OP
S

Sbuford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump. Anyone have some ideas?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take the blower motor out and reach your hand up in there and you should feel a hole. The recirculate blend door is located right over top of that hole and it has a habit of breaking and falling down on top of the hole and blocking air flow. If that's the case, you'll feel it just kind of laying in there. Grab it and yank it out and if that's the problem you'll have airflow again.

That doesn't fix your other problem, it not switching modes, that could be a different blend door problem or blend door actuator or the controller.