AC ISSUES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calvert86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had more than a few dodge trucks however this is only my second 2nd gen. I bought this one off of a buddy and have been putting work into it to bring her back to life. The fan in the cab kicks on and off (when turned on) randomly. At first it would stop working when giving the truck gas going up a mountain, etc...now it hardly ever kicks on, only very randomly. I live in Phoenix so AC is a must. I feel cool air pulling through the vents but that fan wont kick on. I have replaced the fuse, the resistor, and the blower motor with no luck. Does anyone else have any ideas? Need some help to get this diagnosed otherwise this truck will be sitting the next 6 months until it cools down. Thanks so much guys.

wellmje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Lone Star. Sometimes it will work and then sometimes it will just stop and not come on for a while.

DRTDEVL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fan is running. Check the defrost vents when this happens. If its coming out there, your HVAC vacuum check valve failed. Simple and cheap fix.

CWhatMexy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
The fan is running. Check the defrost vents when this happens. If its coming out there, your HVAC vacuum check valve failed. Simple and cheap fix.

Im not a mechanic but which way does the check valves are to flow? I know the location of them and just changed them but I think one is failed or there may be a leak near in the hoses near the engine.

DRTDEVL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you blow through one way, but can't the other way, they are good. Make sure that the direction that you cannot blow through is toward the firewall.