Ac not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Is it just me or do the 2017 Dodge rams not blow hard out of the vents? I drive a 12 f150 for work and it blows 3x as hard. I haven’t brought it to dealer but will for first oil change but wanted to get your opinions first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is it just me or do the 2017 Dodge rams not blow hard out of the vents? I drive a 12 f150 for work and it blows 3x as hard. I haven’t brought it to dealer but will for first oil change but wanted to get your opinions first.

Mine blows really good. Better than the ‘14.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
my 16 barely comes out even on full blast. I can hear the fan pinning like mad but nothing really comes out the vents. wondered the same thing myself

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
my 16 barely comes out even on full blast. I can hear the fan pinning like mad but nothing really comes out the vents. wondered the same thing myself
That’s exactly what mine does. So loud and barely anything comes out. I have 3500 miles on mine and it’s been like that since new.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have a 2002 and on full blast it’s super super loud and feels like hardly anything the setting before it is way better

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The dealer said that the air is flowing, nothing they could do :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Yep. Same guy. [emoji1303]

I thought so with the similar name.

I definitely can tell that my ram definitely doesn’t blow as hard as my Durango did. I even had a loaner journey while my locks were getting replaced and that’s what really made me notice the huge difference.

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I thought so with the similar name.

I definitely can tell that my ram definitely doesn’t blow as hard as my Durango did. I even had a loaner journey while my locks were getting replaced and that’s what really made me notice the huge difference.

My 14 was like that. Relatively unimpressive on the fan side.
I’m sitting in the 17 right now cranked up and it’s blasting.
533bd7ecbb4f2e4bc729f92355d5e1d0.jpg

Was looking for something to make a streamer out of but out of luck on that one.

7200 miles on the truck. Only issue I’ve had so far is the heated seats and steering wheel only come on randomly when remote started. Other than that, no complaints.

Now that I’m thinking about it my ‘06 blew much harder than the newer ones. 3 months ago I had to fix the HVAC system on my youngest sons ‘11....fan control switch and relay.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I’m definitely going to say something when I bring it in for oil. I haven’t had any issues but I don’t have the heated seats or wheel. 7e32cd7012fea7bf3c71634ceaa6c63b.jpg

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m definitely going to say something when I bring it in for oil. I haven’t had any issues but I don’t have the heated seats or wheel. 7e32cd7012fea7bf3c71634ceaa6c63b.jpg

Nice truck I love that look. Wish I could do a dark color, get so dirty here. 0401612069d684cd63e3663aaed2ec6b.jpg

Pearl white for me. Wife said absolutely no modifications to this truck. By the time it’s out of warranty maybe she will slack up on that a bit. It’s getting full delete.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Nice truck I love that look. Wish I could do a dark color, get so dirty here. 0401612069d684cd63e3663aaed2ec6b.jpg

Pearl white for me. Wife said absolutely no modifications to this truck. By the time it’s out of warranty maybe she will slack up on that a bit. It’s getting full delete.

Thanks yes it gets dirty here too lol I hate t but when it’s clean I definitely like the look. My wife wants a black Jeep so I had to get black she said. I’ve only got the windows tinted and going to do leveling kit and some 33s soon. Nice looking truck if I could afford a 2500 I would
Of gotten one. I think my next truck will be an eco diesel.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8

Those blues lights looks like a modification!!!! Lol jk

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Those blues lights looks like a modification!!!! Lol jk

Those are some kind of entry lighting system that came with the truck. It’s on the mirrors, under the dash and even in the cup holders. I guess that is the LED option I chose. I just wanted the bed lights.
Or maybe those came with the AMP power steps. Not exactly sure.

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks yes it gets dirty here too lol I hate t but when it’s clean I definitely like the look. My wife wants a black Jeep so I had to get black she said. I’ve only got the windows tinted and going to do leveling kit and some 33s soon. Nice looking truck if I could afford a 2500 I would
Of gotten one. I think my next truck will be an eco diesel.

I have to have a big boy to pull the trailers.
My 06 was a 2500 and stock it struggled pulling my toyhauler then, and it was quite a bit smaller than the new one. After modifying the hell out of it, no problem. The 14 was a 2500 and did ok pulling the trailer but had the 68RFE tranny, which sucks for towing anything over about 10k and robs 350ftlbs of torque.
Had to have the AISIN tranny this time, available only in the 3500’s, it’s a monster. Pulled my toyhauler loaded to the gills, ranger inside, hovering just at 20k lbs.
this truck didn’t even flinch.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I have to have a big boy to pull the trailers.
My 06 was a 2500 and stock it struggled pulling my toyhauler then, and it was quite a bit smaller than the new one. After modifying the hell out of it, no problem. The 14 was a 2500 and did ok pulling the trailer but had the 68RFE tranny, which sucks for towing anything over about 10k and robs 350ftlbs of torque.
Had to have the AISIN tranny this time, available only in the 3500’s, it’s a monster. Pulled my toyhauler loaded to the gills, ranger inside, hovering just at 20k lbs.
this truck didn’t even flinch.

Damn luckily that picture is the heaviest load I will probably abbot ever pull and my riding area is 15 minutes away lol so we don’t stay the night we ride and come home.

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Do you have the auto-climate control? If I have that on in my truck, the fan will initially work really hard to get the truck cool, but I don't feel the cold air blasting from the front vents. This doesn't mean my cabin doesn't get cooled off, it just means it's not using just the front vents.

You should be able to go in to your climate controls and isolate what vents the air is coming out, which will turn off the auto-climate. You can then turn up the fan speed and find out if the output is to your satisfaction.

So far I have been absolutely satisfied with the HVAC in my truck.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Do you have the auto-climate control? If I have that on in my truck, the fan will initially work really hard to get the truck cool, but I don't feel the cold air blasting from the front vents. This doesn't mean my cabin doesn't get cooled off, it just means it's not using just the front vents.

You should be able to go in to your climate controls and isolate what vents the air is coming out, which will turn off the auto-climate. You can then turn up the fan speed and find out if the output is to your satisfaction.

So far I have been absolutely satisfied with the HVAC in my truck.
No mine is just the normal controls no automatic climate control.

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI

My work truck is a 04 Ford F-150 and that blows twice as hard as my 17 Ram 2500. I wonder if you can get a stronger blower motor for it? I'll need to check into that.