Ac not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Yea this definitely can’t be right. In the Florida heat it isn’t keeping up. Def gotta figure something out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Damn luckily that picture is the heaviest load I will probably abbot ever pull and my riding area is 15 minutes away lol so we don’t stay the night we ride and come home.

It’s a Hemi? I’m not very knowledgeable about them in the trucks but guys I know that have them absolutely love them, including my youngest son. Now in the cars, I’ve done some “mods” to that motor and until I found the breaking point it was a monster. Bought the wife an 06 Magnum that she fell in love with until the first snow. Stuck in the driveway in 1” [emoji23]. Posi + 300hp on street tires = pissed off wife.
So she let me dig into it a little. By little I mean slapped a pro charger on it at 7psi with ARP head bolts and a dyno tune. Nothing like 500RWHP in a station wagon [emoji1303]. Nuked the crank bearings racing a Z06. Had em gaptised until it yard sale’d. Bummer.

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I’m still frustrated by the airflow through the vents, especially the rear. This winter, the defrost mode was barely able to keep up with snow/ice, front vents don’t seem to flow with force even though there is air moving. Lots of noise relative to airflow.

Has anybody managed to find a mod or change that improves the airflow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I’m still frustrated by the airflow through the vents, especially the rear. This winter, the defrost mode was barely able to keep up with snow/ice, front vents don’t seem to flow with force even though there is air moving. Lots of noise relative to airflow.

Dealer told me I was normal. I am just going to live with it I guess.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

First thing to check is you're cabin air filter if you have one. The only way to tell if you have one or not is to actually look, my 17 express doesn't have one listed nor is there a replacement filter listed but I do have one. I couldn't believe how much crap was in that filter for only being 8 months old. I took the Mopar filter out and cross referenced the Mopar part number to a Purolator number. Any parts store that has reasonably compitant help can do that for you, it's no big deal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Over the past 2 years I have tried it both with and without the cabin air filter. Sucks vs. sucks slightly less, lol! Good idea though [emoji106]

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On mine, even my 2010, if i had the fan on Auto it wouldn't come out fast. It actually varied depending on what temp you had it set on and the temp inside the vehicle. In the summer if I had the windows up and it was hot outside, once I turned the truck on it would feel like it was blowing a hundred mph, until the cabin temp cooled down.

Dallas Sonnier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
So, I was having issues with my passenger vents not blowing hard. Turned out to be my vent doors were stuck closed. Pushed in with screw driver and viola.

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just me or do the 2017 Dodge rams not blow hard out of the vents? I drive a 12 f150 for work and it blows 3x as hard. I haven’t brought it to dealer but will for first oil change but wanted to get your opinions first.

I have a '17 Lone Star that does the exact same thing and has since day 1. I have to turn my A/C to the highest setting and still barely feel anything. It sounds like it is blowing hard but I can barely feel any air, which sucks living in South Texas where the heat index has been 115+ degrees the last week or 2. I even had ceramic tint installed to try and help keep the interior cooler. I also had a '15 Tradesman that did the exact same thing and the A/C on that truck would sometimes not work at all. I took it to the dealership service department and they told me it would take 3 days to diagnose it and if it needed parts it would take 3 days for the parts to come in, so 6 days minimum before work could even start on the truck, so for that reason and several others, I decided to trade it in for the '17. Haven't taken the '17 in for this issue because I have no time with work, they'll probably keep it for a week just to diagnose it, and as long as the A/C blows they will probably just tell me there is no issue.