AC system 1990 D-150

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gwgdog66, May 21, 2016.

1. gwgdog66

gwgdog66 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2L
    Just had my AC system repaired and converted to 134A. It's not cooling well in the heat of the day.

This afternoon I had to make a quick left turn, and a bunch of water dumped out of the bottom (air intake) on the passenger side floor board.

I found an empty parking lot and made a left turn circle for several minutes, and dumped a bunch of water into the pass side floorboard.

I'm assuming my evaporator drain tube is plugged up. Can someone direct me to where this is located at? Would this cause the system not to cool properly when the heat and humidity in s high?

2. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    i am not too familiar with the heater boxes them self but i am pretty sure the drain for them should be under the hood on it.

also i am not very familiar with a/c systems or the different coolants but i think i remember reading something about the stock condenser being too small or something like that and causes it to sometimes freeze

3. gwgdog66

gwgdog66 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2L
    Thanks. I found the drain tube. It's directly under the blower motor on the fire wall. it is cooling better, just not as good as I had expected it too.

4. hughnews1

hughnews1 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    1993 dodge pic up
    Engine:
    Hi gary Hugh in hudson flroida with 1993 looking for black inside parts on diriver side .. my email is [email protected] I hae pics