AC Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 05 Ram, and all of my air vents are either broke or on the brink. Im not rough on them, and my buddy who has an 04 ram has the same problem. Any advice?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Are you talking about the vents themselves on the dash or the actual box inside the dash that does everything?

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did you buy your truck used? I have an 04 and my vents are still tight and work fine.

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The vents on the dash. I bought the truck in 06 with 18,000 miles on it. The knob that directs the flow of the air up or down breaks off, and the flaps inside the vent that actually directs the air break. I could see one, but all of them do it. Im not rough on my truck, I just cant figure out why this keeps happening. And its irritating considering how meticulous I am

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
yeah that sucks. i would call a salvage yard and replace.

LazyFish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AC Vent(s) replaced?

Did you ever replace the vents? I too am having the same problem. If so, where did you purchase then from? How easy was it to replace? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

TexasAggie18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure they're actually broken? Because I thought mine were broken but I looked and each one of those flaps can snap right back into place.

Belgrath04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 L
Owned my truck for 10 years and just had my first vent adjuster break.
Knew it was just a matter of time as it seems like every older Dodge has this problem.
I could tell it was going to be a problem because they would start to get sticky and didn't want to move if I didn't adjust them on a regular basis.
When I fix this one I'm going to try a little dab of silicone Greece in the socket to see if that will keep them from freezing up