Adding an Extra Leaf for Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would like to add an extra leaf to the rear of my D150. I've been looking at different how-to articles and videos and also at my friends' jeeps and trucks. I understand that another leaf would push the box of the truck upward, but the new leaf will need to be longer than the leafs under it, correct? That means that I will need to drill new holes in the frame, further apart to accommodate for the longer leafs. Is this right?

I really tried understanding this and reading other threads first to prevent from making a new one but I can't find anyone who has talked about the fact that new holes need to he drilled into the frame.

Also, how much higher will the back end of the truck be after adding one extra leaf?

Thanks

Dodgefreek89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No you actually separate the leafs and place a stronger one in the middle of ur current leafs. They stiffen the ride though makes it ride rougher i have adda leafs in the front and rear of my 89 and clears 33 12.50s idk what you goin for though.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
don't you already have 6 leaf springs in the back end? i don't think you will really gain any lift other than maybe the thickness of the leaf spring.

Dodgefreek89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idk i didnt actually instal it my self my uncle bought the truck brand new and installed it in back when he bought the truck but ive help a buddy of mine do it to his 98' and it jacked his back en up bout and inch. Me personaly i dont like them cause it stiffens the ride up so much. I wanna take the add a lead out of the rear and just get a taller block

Dodgefreek89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe he took one out and just placed the stronger leaf in te middle ill ask him and let ya know

Dodgefreek89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just talked to him and what we did was just add it between two existing springsa and placed new U bolts in