Adding cooled seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by chris3209, Dec 1, 2015.

1. chris3209

chris3209 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Rick, would you mind posting a couple pics of this setup?

2. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    My wife takes my truck to her work since it's a lot closer to home. We work completely different schedules. I will try to get some pics for you when I can do it in the daylight. It's a simple setup. Just a positive fused wire into the cab from the battery connected to a fuse box I mounted under the seat with velcro. Then you just run your power from there to anything that requires constant 12v power like the power seat adjust or in case my power fold mirrors. This is a picture of a couple of different fuse boxes on ebay. It's actually extremely simple to I install. I will shoot some pics as soon as I have my truck in the daylight if you want.

Attached Files:

JRust and chris3209 like this.
  3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    OK jus a quick update on the heated and cooled seats and wheel. I just got it all finished up and it works! Everything functions exactly as it should! The first thing I want to mention is I didn't figure this out 00/RT did. I only followed his lead throughout the instalation. Before he joined our forum we were all under the assumption that this mod was impossible for the trucks that did not have the wiring. We were also told that it wouldn't work without the correct sales codes added......That was all wrong. I bought the tool from Auto ingenuity so I was able to add the correct codes for the controls to come up on my RA4 but the seats worked perfect without installing any codes. I was able to turn them on and of with the hard keys. I am going to try to do a writeup on this as soon as I get everything buttoned up. I installed my own relay because I didn't want to wait for my apt. Now that it is all done I don't believe this will be to hard to duplicate if someone wants to give it a shot. Thanks again to 00/RT and all the others who sent me schematics. I am posting a coup of picture and will do the writeup on it later.

Attached Files:

4. 00R/T

00R/T Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    You shouldn't have told anybody yet, Rick. You're gonna drive up the price on the seats before I get a set.

5. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    LOL I'm sorry!

6. MaizeNBlue

MaizeNBlue Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm totally in on this!!! Rick is the frigging man!!

7. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins

Oh yeah. My Laramie seats can't wait for a little heat and cooling when I install them!!!

A lot of people are really great full for all of your and 00R/T's efforts to make this work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 12sportmc

12sportmc Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Def can't wait for this write up. Just did a 5 hour ride with my sweet no lumbar Express seats. The search for the Laramie seats is on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dodgetk81

Dodgetk81 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Great news! Glad you guys were able to figure it out. I've been putting it off, but now I need to order my pins and such.

10. Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    I added my heated cloth seats to my bighorn, just waiting on the switch. Are you saying I don't need to get a sales code added?