Adding cooled seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by chris3209, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    My truck was a 14 Express with the 5.0 and standard 3.5 cluster just like yours. This is what it looks like now....trust me you will like the new look.

Attached Files:

2. chris3209

chris3209 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    haha, yeah that doesn't look like my truck. Nice work!

3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks....it's easy to do. If you decide to do it just read the 4th gen DIY threads. If you have any questions there are tons of us who have done it and will help you with anything you are confused on. When you get your seats let me know and I will list all of the wires I have figured out.

Stefan N likes this.
  4. chris3209

chris3209 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Okay I will. thanks!

5. GardysGarage

GardysGarage Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Where have you guys sourced your Seats/Harnesses? Junkyards? Rick, I have a 2015 R/T would this be an option for me bring that I'm SCSB? Thanks for any input!!

6. big_red06

big_red06 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Bighorn
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    that looks awesome cant wait to get mine done

7. Nickwittyremodel@gmail.co

[email protected] Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    Did you truck allready have a puck style shifter? I have a 2015 cummins tradesman I also upgraded to 8.4 with the auto climate from the 5.0 with Manuel climate . And to the 7"evic. I to am looking at some laramie seats and console with heat and cool

8. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm not sure if I understand your question but if you are referring to the shifter knob then yes it came that way. My truck is a 1500 and has the 8 speed transmission. All of the 8 speeds have the Rotary Shifter Knob.

9. THE HEMI MAN

THE HEMI MAN Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Not jacking the thread but have question. I already have heated seats, so how hard will it be to add the cooling feature once i get the seats?

10. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I am not sure I have heard of anyone who has try ed to add ventelated seats to a truck that only had heated seats. I am pretty sure the wiring is different for the trucks that have the heated and ventelated seats because they have a lot more features so you would most likely have to find the correct harnesses witch is hard to do because in most cases on these trucks the harnesses are sold as a complete unit you have to buy a lot more wiring than you actually needed. You would need to change your control buttons under the radio most likely as well plus see if you can have the sales code added to your truck in order for it all to work. The sales code is most likely not available in your build sheet in that case you would have to go through W.I.C. to get the code added which is extremely difficult to do in most cases. Honestly I think your first step would be to see if the sales code is even available for your truck and take it from there. As long as you could get the sales code added you could probably do it it would just be a lot of work and a lot of looking for parts and probably get pretty expensive

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016