Adding cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What trim level is your truck?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never mind I think.I already knew the answer. The dealer will not be able to add the sales codes for the heated/ventelated seats and heated wheel because it's not on your available options list for your trim level. You will need to either buy the AE tool as mentioned in previous posts and add the codes or buy an OBD genie from Infotainment to add them. You will also not be able to add the memory function on the seats without major modifications to your wiring and other systems to the point that it pretty much not doable. The dealer will also not be able to add the power fold (LER) mirror code. You can also purchase a Geini to activate this code but you will need to change both door modules and add the correct door switch. I am not sure how your seats will work without the factory 8.4 radio as integrates with the actual heat and vent buttons. I guess we will have to wait and see in your case. I have seen the dealer turn on the heated seat code on an Express by adding the Mopar dealer installed heated seat code but I an certain they cannot add the vented seat or heated wheel codes. The can add the blinker/puddle light codes (LEB) (LEC) to your mirrors. This mod is very doable and a lot of us have done it but make sure you read all of the info.you can and ask questions as you go.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Making progress every day and starting to enjoy the transformation.

-front seats installed with power only (waiting for Mike to build wire harness)
-removed the jumper seat and installed larmie center console
-removed uconnect 5.0 touchscreen screen and installed kenwood touchscreen with NAV
-removed stock mirrors and installed power fold/turn signals/puddle light mirrors.
-removed stock door speakers and installed Kicker 6x9's
-installed front and rear camera
-installed 3 button remote starter

I have an appointment with my Dealer to flash codes for the mirrors and maybe for seats.

Does anyone know the sales codes for heated/cooled/memory seats?

Where are you located, as you will need either a person with the AE tool local to activate the seats, or the OBD genie.

Zeppa007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never mind I think.I already knew the answer. The dealer will not be able to add the sales codes for the heated/ventelated seats and heated wheel because it's not on your available options list for your trim level. You will need to either buy the AE tool as mentioned in previous posts and add the codes or buy an OBD genie from Infotainment to add them. You will also not be able to add the memory function on the seats without major modifications to your wiring and other systems to the point that it pretty much not doable. The dealer will also not be able to add the power fold (LER) mirror code. You can also purchase a Geini to activate this code but you will need to change both door modules and add the correct door switch. I am not sure how your seats will work without the factory 8.4 radio as integrates with the actual heat and vent buttons. I guess we will have to wait and see in your case. I have seen the dealer turn on the heated seat code on an Express by adding the Mopar dealer installed heated seat code but I an certain they cannot add the vented seat or heated wheel codes. The can add the blinker/puddle light codes (LEB) (LEC) to your mirrors. This mod is very doable and a lot of us have done it but make sure you read all of the info.you can and ask questions as you go.

Im located in Toronto. I will look into the AE tool unless someone has one around me. I don't mind not having the memory option but will definitely need the heated/cooled seats. There is a module that i can get that transfers all the information from the computer to the new kenwood deck such as heated/cooled seats, gauges, etc.

as for the mirrors, i already replaced the door modules and drivers switch. I was under the assumption that the dealer can add all 3 of these codes, guess i mis-read that. Do you know the reason why they can't add the power fold code (LER)?

Zeppa007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are you located, as you will need either a person with the AE tool local to activate the seats, or the OBD genie.

I'm located in Toronto, anyone one around here?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im located in Toronto. I will look into the AE tool unless someone has one around me. I don't mind not having the memory option but will definitely need the heated/cooled seats. There is a module that i can get that transfers all the information from the computer to the new kenwood deck such as heated/cooled seats, gauges, etc.

as for the mirrors, i already replaced the door modules and drivers switch. I was under the assumption that the dealer can add all 3 of these codes, guess i mis-read that. Do you know the reason why they can't add the power fold code (LER)?
In a nutshell your body control module or BCM already has all of the codes in it. When the dealer plugs his scan tool in your truck it only shows him the codes that are allowed to be activated on your particular trim level. Chrysler only exposes the codes they want him to be able to activate. They do this because they want you to buy a higher trim level truck instead of buying a Tradesman or what have you and then turning everything on. We have now found that we can buy the AE tool which is autoenginuity and actually enable a lot of the codes ourselves that the dealer cannot do. For some reason the autoenginuity tool does not seem to do well with mirror codes so you would most likely not be able to activate your power fold code with the AE tool. In your situation I would recommend using an OBD Genie to activate your codes for your seats and your mirrors. If you go to their website it will explain how they work. Is very simple you basically just plug it in to your trucks OBD2 port and it'll automatically download the codes you have purchased.

Zeppa007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In a nutshell your body control module or BCM already has all of the codes in it. When the dealer plugs his scan tool in your truck it only shows him the codes that are allowed to be activated on your particular trim level. Chrysler only exposes the codes they want him to be able to activate. They do this because they want you to buy a higher trim level truck instead of buying a Tradesman or what have you and then turning everything on. We have now found that we can buy the AE tool which is autoenginuity and actually enable a lot of the codes ourselves that the dealer cannot do. For some reason the autoenginuity tool does not seem to do well with mirror codes so you would most likely not be able to activate your power fold code with the AE tool. In your situation I would recommend using an OBD Genie to activate your codes for your seats and your mirrors. If you go to their website it will explain how they work. Is very simple you basically just plug it in to your trucks OBD2 port and it'll automatically download the codes you have purchased.

Got it and makes sense!
I looked into the OBD genies. but very pricey and if the dealer ever flashes the truck on a service you will have to relearn it, so like a tuner you'll need to keep it safe. I went on to autoenginuity's site, which model is the one i need? the reprogrammer is $1000 and i read on hear that the cost is only around $400ish.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it and makes sense!
I looked into the OBD genies. but very pricey and if the dealer ever flashes the truck on a service you will have to relearn it, so like a tuner you'll need to keep it safe. I went on to autoenginuity's site, which model is the one i need? the reprogrammer is $1000 and i read on hear that the cost is only around $400ish.
The OBD Genie is the way you want to go. If the dealer reflashes your truck you just take your genie and plug it in and it will reload the code again. You can use it as many times as you need. Also even if you used the AE tool if the dealer fid a reflash you would have to reload your codes with it as well.

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it and makes sense!

Not true, the OBD genie stays with you, so even if the dealer flashed away your stuff, plug the genie back in and it will reflash the options on. The AE tool cost about 450 if I recall and you can do more over time than the OBD genie. Its a toss up, I went with the AE tool myself, but it really isnt for everyone.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Plus a warning when using the AE tool....

We are finding out more and more that it is constantly screwing something else up when we go and activate features in the BCM.

- Currently, it appears that those of us that turned on the vehicle theft alarm (VTA) ended up with the Homelink UGDO disabled.

- We also know that setting the HVAC to Single Zone ATC will corrupt the vehicle brand (Ram changes to Chrysler) and the only way back is a dealer flash. Attempts to set the brand back cause other issues, ie left hand drive changes to right hand drive which screws with the abs.

There's another tool that someone sent me a link to that I'm hoping to get more info about ...
http://www.drewtech.com/mongoose/chrysler.html

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plus a warning when using the AE tool....

We are finding out more and more that it is constantly screwing something else up when we go and activate features in the BCM.

- Currently, it appears that those of us that turned on the vehicle theft alarm (VTA) ended up with the Homelink UGDO disabled.

- We also know that setting the HVAC to Single Zone ATC will corrupt the vehicle brand (Ram changes to Chrysler) and the only way back is a dealer flash. Attempts to set the brand back cause other issues, ie left hand drive changes to right hand drive which screws with the abs.

There's another tool that someone sent me a link to that I'm hoping to get more info about ...
http://www.drewtech.com/mongoose/chrysler.html

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!
I agree on the AE tool 100%. I have used it to activate several codes in my truck and it works great. I ran into a problem when I activated my ATC code and lost my screen themes and my vehicle brand. It was very frustrating. With some help I was able to patch it by changing my media settings to Ram so it's really not that noticeable. I knew that several people with the tool had activated their alarms so I decided to turn mine on and it completely disabled my overhead Compass Homelink excetera and the buttons illuminated when they weren't supposed to it was very strange. Since the file was corrupted I could not put it back. I ended up going to the dealer today and I had them completely reflash my truck back to stock. I decided I was tired of having the issues and wanted to start with a clean slate. I will now be adding the codes via other means and making sure my vehicle does not get corrupted again. It was pretty hairy. When they flashed my truck back it did not take the first time and when they tried to do it again it refused to let them but with some persistence they were able to get it done. I'm actually relieved to have it back to stock now so I can start over.

Last edited:

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a picture of a truck that has the correct wiring. Your new seats will have the gray connector so you will need to source the plugs and pins. I have some on order but I haven't received them yet.

If I have these plugs already, then I'm heading in the easier right direction? I currently have a 2014 Bighorn crew cab, with heated seats, power driver, 8.4 nav radio. Checked today and have the plugs shown above. Was debating about doing Katzkin covers, but would really love to add factory leather seats that have pwr, heat, and cooling.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well guess that was a fail, it didn't quote the picture. From page 9 post #87 I believe it was.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I have these plugs already, then I'm heading in the easier right direction? I currently have a 2014 Bighorn crew cab, with heated seats, power driver, 8.4 nav radio. Checked today and have the plugs shown above. Was debating about doing Katzkin covers, but would really love to add factory leather seats that have pwr, heat, and cooling.
Yes your wiring is correct for the heated/ ventilated seats. If you install the seats it would be Plug and Play. You would need to add the proper switch panel and possibly add the codes in order for them to work. In some cases the ventilated seats for work without the adding codes but they will not show up on the radio screen you can only use the buttons on the switch panel. You can also purchase an OBD Genie to add the codes and have everything function as if it was factory.

Dave brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just put some 2015 Laramie seats in my 2017 bighorn and all the power seats work but my service airbag light is on now. Any ideas

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just put some 2015 Laramie seats in my 2017 bighorn and all the power seats work but my service airbag light is on now. Any ideas

Do the seats you put in your truck now have the seat airbags? The 4500 and 5500 Rams do not have seat airbags is it possible that's what your seats came out of?

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just trying to figure out the wiring in my seats. I have a 2011 SLT 2500 and I had cloth seats which were just power and lumbar on the drivers side only as far as I can tell, passenger is manual. I picked up the whole interior from a 2014 SLT HD and am having a problem. These seats have the airbag and are heated but other than that are the same as what I had. (power drivers manual passenger) I have the two seat plugs in my truck + the jump seat plug (Grey) on the drivers side and they both plug into my new seat but when I plug in the larger plug into the now yellow plug in my new seat it kills the radio and throws a few errors on my dash. And on the passenger side the grey plug in my truck is totally different than the yellow plug on my new seat. Is there a wiring diagram for a 2011 SLT and 2014 SLT so I can figure out what they changed? Or is this even possible? Or is there someone who has done this and made a harness? I don't really care if I get the heated seats to work just want to get my power seat working again. Thanks!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just trying to figure out the wiring in my seats. I have a 2011 SLT 2500 and I had cloth seats which were just power and lumbar on the drivers side only as far as I can tell, passenger is manual. I picked up the whole interior from a 2014 SLT HD and am having a problem. These seats have the airbag and are heated but other than that are the same as what I had. (power drivers manual passenger) I have the two seat plugs in my truck + the jump seat plug (Grey) on the drivers side and they both plug into my new seat but when I plug in the larger plug into the now yellow plug in my new seat it kills the radio and throws a few errors on my dash. And on the passenger side the grey plug in my truck is totally different than the yellow plug on my new seat. Is there a wiring diagram for a 2011 SLT and 2014 SLT so I can figure out what they changed? Or is this even possible? Or is there someone who has done this and made a harness? I don't really care if I get the heated seats to work just want to get my power seat working again. Thanks!

I think the body harness changed in 2012, so your truck and that interior may not be compatible with one another. I could be wrong but I think that is the issue. M2 mods, RicksRam, or DeereGuy would be the ones I would start with if they do not reply in here.

Last edited:

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I think the body harness change 2012 so your truck, and that interior may not be compatible with one another. I could be wrong but I think that is the issue. M2 mods, RicksRam, or DeereGuy would be the ones I would start with if they do not reply in here.
OK thanks I'll give them a shout.