adding cruise control???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They only thing I hate about my 02 is no cruise..... Is that simple to add?
Junkyard or buy from a dealer??
Thanks

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
ya they sell cheap kits at lowes red is for city driving and grey is for wide open highway driving

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bet its not too hard but I'm not sure lol

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know if this will help any at all, but I had an 08 Dakota for a couple months and I added cruise to it. It had the same steering wheel as the 08 Rams except it had blanks instead of cruise buttons. I just bought the cruise buttons off ebay, hooked them up, and it worked. The harness was already in place and was plugged into the back of the blanks.

Your 02 is old enough that it might be different on it. I don't know when they switched to drive-by-wire and what not.

If your steering wheel is the same, it'd be worth taking the wheel apart and seeing if the harness is there. It's a 5 minute job and the wheel itself doesn't need to be removed, just be careful with the airbag.

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting, so you think everything might be there but the switch? Man I hope your right.
Thanks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963