Adding power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks, I'm having a hard time getting my manual seats into a comfortable position. Would really like power leather (preferably heated) seats. Do they make an after market setup to acquire this or do you got to buy Laramie seats?

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want power your best bet is to find a nice set of leather power seats, that's what everyone here does. There's also a thread in the DIY section if you want info on adding heated/cooled seats to your truck.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so Id need to get them off of a junked vehicle?

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yes off a junked vehicle. Keep your eye's open & just watch. They are getting crazy money for them. Even just fronts yards are asking around $1500 (around me). Full set's can get crazy front & rear for crew cabs. I got my whole set for around $700 shipped to me. I got it in pieces though & it worked out. I was diligent & spent probably 3 months looking. I had kind of given up with the prices they were asking. Finally got lucky & it is absolutely worth every penny. You will still spend a fair amount getting them to all work. Power is easy. GEtting the heat & cooling to work isn't so much. Check out the DIY thread as mentioned above. It walks you through the whole thing

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do they make an OEM power seat that's not leather?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
...and does anyone know if I can take the OEM covers off one manual cloth seat and place it on another cloth power seat?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes off a junked vehicle. Keep your eye's open & just watch. They are getting crazy money for them. Even just fronts yards are asking around $1500 (around me). Full set's can get crazy front & rear for crew cabs. I got my whole set for around $700 shipped to me. I got it in pieces though & it worked out. I was diligent & spent probably 3 months looking. I had kind of given up with the prices they were asking. Finally got lucky & it is absolutely worth every penny. You will still spend a fair amount getting them to all work. Power is easy. GEtting the heat & cooling to work isn't so much. Check out the DIY thread as mentioned above. It walks you through the whole thing

Can you link me to that page? Can't find it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel