Adding power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
is it possible to add power driver seat to 2015 SLT? I can't not get a comfortable position with the manual seat.

isharj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I added power Laramie seats to my Express. I tapped the 12v needed for the power action to function from the harness that feeds the center console/middle jumpseat. Used some simple wire taps and both power seats work perfectly as well as lumbar adjustment.

DocHolliday has gotten cooling and heating to work but its pretty involved and not important enough for me to tackle that big of a project.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the same as you and installed Laramie seats in my Express. I ran a hot from the engine compartment to a fuse box I installed under the seat so it is completely separate from the factory wiring harness. Just tapped both seats into that. I was able to figure out which wires operate the heat and ventilation as well . I was planning on trying to install aftermarket switches but probably won't bother with it for a while.One note my seat harness didn't match the plug for new seats at all. The wires were different colors and I was worried about my airbags passenger sensor ect and didn't want any check engine lights so I actually took the harnesses out if my stock seats and installed them in the Laramie seats. I re upholstered them anyway so it realy wasn't hard at all. So each seat kinda has two harnesses.I left the stock harness in the Laramie seat as well to operate the power functions. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

Last edited:

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
I did the same as you and installed Laramie seats in my Express. I ran a hot from the engine compartment to a fuse box I installed under the seat so it is completely separate from the factory wiring harness. Just tapped both seats into that. I was able to figure out which wires operate the heat and ventilation as well . I was planning on trying to install aftermarket switches but probably won't bother with it for a while.One note my seat harness didn't match the plug for new seats at all. The wires were different colors and I was worried about my airbags passenger sensor ect and didn't want any check engine lights so I actually took the harnesses out if my stock seats and installed them in the Laramie seats. I re upholstered them anyway so it realy wasn't hard at all. So each seat kinda has two harnesses.I left the stock harness in the Laramie seat as well to operate the power functions. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

what year where your seats out of? they only used 1 plug for the main seat connections.

isharj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My truck harness plugs were right for the big yellow plugs but they didn't have the power lead, just the ground. So i tapped off console power for that. I obviously didn't have the grey plugs for the heat and cooling but i was gonna do like you said and figure out which pin turns on the heat and cooling and make my own harness and add switches if i ever get that much energy. Just haven't made it a priority.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
My truck harness plugs were right for the big yellow plugs but they didn't have the power lead, just the ground. So i tapped off console power for that. I obviously didn't have the grey plugs for the heat and cooling but i was gonna do like you said and figure out which pin turns on the heat and cooling and make my own harness and add switches if i ever get that much energy. Just haven't made it a priority.

You won't be able to. 2013+ heated and cooled is all CAN controlled no way to do it with normal switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isharj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thats disappointing. I hoped adding ground and 12v to the appropriate pins would at least activate the fans for cooling. Heated seats aren't needed much here in Texas but cooling would sure be nice.

Wrigley17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What have you paid for seats? I have manual cloth in my Express and would like power, power and leather would be better. It's a 2015

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Why do you 4th gen guys keep posting new threads in the 3rd gen forum? :Nonono: