Additional back-up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOB RAM 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 4X4 CREW
Engine
HEMI 6.4 with 456
So, after searching the forum without any luck, I will try to see if my question can be answered. So i have a new 2018 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew which I carry a Camplite truck camper and tow my 22' Shearwater flats boat. What i am looking to do is to hook up a portable camera to assist me in loading the truck camper as well as hooking up my boat with camper on truck. My thoughts are to find an OEM (or aftermarket if possible) camera that has housing on it to allow me to temporarily mount it to the front of the bed (kind of like the bed camera) to assist in the camper loading. Once the camper is loaded, I want to move the camerat to the back of the camper so i can hook up my boat. I have been on google for way to many days researching this without any luck. Bottom line is, I need/want a camera with about 10-15 ft of wire to allow me to plug it in the OEM plug that the tailgate camera gets plugged into. A camera with night vision would be great. Any ideas?

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
buy a wireless cam with a magnet and run it on your phone