Advise on replacing lower control arm busheses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmuldrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did an oil change/service on my 2007 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 237 500 miles the other day and noticed that the passenger lower control arm bushes are shot.
Has any here replaced them without a fully setup workshop and if so can you give me some pointers?
I've been a mechanic in Australia before moving to the States and have done them before using a fully setup workshop (press and all that) but only have a minimum of tools here at home. After reading on the forums I see that Autozone and a few other places lend out tools so was thinking of lending a bush/ball joint press to help.
Also I've not yet checked the rest of the front end, are there any other parts that would probably need replacing along with the lower control arm bushes when I do it? (Ball joints, upper control arm bushes etc).

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
best to do as much as you can afford all at once, bushings, ball joints, upper control arms, tie rods etc.

Might want to check 3rd gen forums for proper advise but definitely rent the press.

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I did an oil change/service on my 2007 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 237 500 miles the other day and noticed that the passenger lower control arm bushes are shot.
Has any here replaced them without a fully setup workshop and if so can you give me some pointers?
I've been a mechanic in Australia before moving to the States and have done them before using a fully setup workshop (press and all that) but only have a minimum of tools here at home. After reading on the forums I see that Autozone and a few other places lend out tools so was thinking of lending a bush/ball joint press to help.
Also I've not yet checked the rest of the front end, are there any other parts that would probably need replacing along with the lower control arm bushes when I do it? (Ball joints, upper control arm bushes etc).

i did all my bushings with a harbor freight bushing/ball joint press tool was very difficult to do the upper but lowers were a piece of cake i did a full front end service when i did mine tie rods sway bar bushings ect and threw a steering stabilizer on there and got an alignment now she holds the road like she was new

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio