AEV Pro Cal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone use these to adjust setting? I just picked one up. I will use it to adjust for tire size, low TPMS, the speedo, and set the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.

I got pulled over doing 68 when i thought i was going 65 in a 50. Had a chance to speak with the trooper and gave me a warning which he didn't have to do. So i can justify the $160 dollars i paid for it. I do think its an expensive toy though.

What to you guys use if any?

Peter

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I wish it was compatible with the 18’s. I don’t like having to do a math problem each time I look at my speed.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’m waiting for the ‘18 module to come out before I look at 35s. If only it would disable MDS I’d be set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m waiting for the ‘18 module to come out before I look at 35s. If only it would disable MDS I’d be set...

Are you looking to disable the MDS out of preference ?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought the dealer couldn't fix the TPMS

Please note: A visit to your local Ram Dealership and use of the WiTech diagnostic tool is required to complete this procedure. Although your TPMS screen will show the new values, it will not “take” and stop blinking until your dealership completes the process.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I thought the dealer couldn't fix the TPMS

Please note: A visit to your local Ram Dealership and use of the WiTech diagnostic tool is required to complete this procedure. Although your TPMS screen will show the new values, it will not “take” and stop blinking until your dealership completes the process.
I was under the same impression. The diablo tuners can't either. Might be worth it just for the TPMS. Just wonder what the dealer is going to say when you show up with this request.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
6F5537F2-F1F2-41D5-9D15-3222D7C48486.jpeg Hello all. I am a tech at a local dealer her in Indiana. We do a lot of these trucks and there is no need to buy these programmers anymore. This can all be set at your local dealer. My power wagon Tpms is set to 70 psi high and 30 psi low. So no light when I air down. But will still come on when tiresget to low on the road. I run 37 inch tires and 4.88 gears. All programmed by me at work lol for free.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
View attachment 126427 Hello all. I am a tech at a local dealer her in Indiana. We do a lot of these trucks and there is no need to buy these programmers anymore. This can all be set at your local dealer. My power wagon Tpms is set to 70 psi high and 30 psi low. So no light when I air down. But will still come on when tiresget to low on the road. I run 37 inch tires and 4.88 gears. All programmed by me at work lol for free.

huh, first I've heard of this. Because before it was program, then go to dealer to make the truck "take" the new settings.

Not needed anymore? Just show up and ask lol?

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
View attachment 126427 Hello all. I am a tech at a local dealer her in Indiana. We do a lot of these trucks and there is no need to buy these programmers anymore. This can all be set at your local dealer. My power wagon Tpms is set to 70 psi high and 30 psi low. So no light when I air down. But will still come on when tiresget to low on the road. I run 37 inch tires and 4.88 gears. All programmed by me at work lol for free.

What programmer are you using at work and is it updated with the latest firmware? Is TPMS adjust “back by popular demand”, or do you just have access to a programmer that is on an old firmware version?

When witech killed the tpms adjust function there was a period where some dealers could still do it because their devices hadn’t been updated yet. I thought those days were behind us, but apparently maybe not.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The way that I do it is I go in and update the parameters on dealer connect for the Vin number and then download the updated Vin number into the vehicle

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I don’t want one for the tpms, I want to change my tire size and keep my fogs on with high beams. But us 2018 owners are screwed. I even sent another message on Facebook to AEV the other day that I can see they’ve read with no response.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You can do tire size as well. 18 model year are like the new JL wranglers. Tire size now has a build code Specific to all sizes when you know what size you will be running you take it to the dealer they add the Bill code you need, wait 24 hours then upload the vin then you’re all done. It is like a service contract. I think that is what they are calling it.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Send me your vin and I can program tire size for you. Then you go to dealer and tell them you want to up date your vin.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I am a dealer. But I don’t think you can program non-OEM sizes since there is no 3 character code for a 35” tire.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Wait a couple weeks. GotExhaust will have the new Zautomotive Ram Tazers instock that will do everything the procal does + 20 plus other features.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wait a couple weeks. GotExhaust will have the new Zautomotive Ram Tazers instock that will do everything the procal does + 20 plus other features.

Did some reading and sounds pretty nifty. Hope it comes with the ability to disable MDS for the Ram 6.4... Not hopeful though.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Did some reading and sounds pretty nifty. Hope it comes with the ability to disable MDS for the Ram 6.4... Not hopeful though.

MDS disable would require modifying the PCM with a custom tune, or running an in line module between the PCM and Vehicle such as the edge pulsar.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am a dealer. But I don’t think you can program non-OEM sizes since there is no 3 character code for a 35” tire.
We just did a training class on this exact problem we have done several trucks at our dealership this way and it puts the Speedometer right where it belongs