AEV Pro Cal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
MDS disable would require modifying the PCM with a custom tune, or running an in line module between the PCM and Vehicle such as the edge pulsar.

I appreciate the input! That makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
We just did a training class on this exact problem we have done several trucks at our dealership this way and it puts the Speedometer right where it belongs
I have parts and service access in dealerconnect. Mind sending me a PM walking me through it?

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I will pull a vin off of a truck to day and make a how to.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Any luck on that walkthru?

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Also interested - I have the dealer putting 35s on my truck when it arrives late this month (built on 3/23 and still at the factory!), and they told me they'd give this method a try if they had a cheat sheet.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I spoke to AEV yesterday and they said they’re currently working on the pro-cal for the 2018. I’m hoping it comes out before I pull the trigger on Salta wheels and 35s... I’m also anxiously awaiting BFG KM3s.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I spoke to AEV yesterday and they said they’re currently working on the pro-cal for the 2018. I’m hoping it comes out before I pull the trigger on Salta wheels and 35s... I’m also anxiously awaiting BFG KM3s.

they told me that months ago, and when i asked for an update 2-3 weeks ago i was met with radio silence. i'm not holding my breath.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
they told me that months ago, and when i asked for an update 2-3 weeks ago i was met with radio silence. i'm not holding my breath.

Do you not think they’ll come out with it at all? I’ve yet to reach out to my local dealers about reprogramming for 35s but I might soon. I’m getting the itch for new wheels and tires and we all know how that ends...

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Do you not think they’ll come out with it at all? I’ve yet to reach out to my local dealers about reprogramming for 35s but I might soon. I’m getting the itch for new wheels and tires and we all know how that ends...

It’s hard to say. They haven’t officially said that they’ve given up but these trucks have been out for a year now with no progress. We keep hearing “oh don’t worry, it’ll be soon” every time someone new asks. I wouldn’t be surprised if it never works with 2018.

I’m working with a local Jeep shop I have close ties with who may hav a workaround to the security module behind the OBD-2 port. Rumor is that’s the issue preventing the procal from working on the 18’s, and since AEV won’t answer my messages when I tell them I know how to get past it, I’m basically going to take it into my own hands and fix my truck myself. If they don’t care about the 2018 owners enough to fix the problem, that says a lot about them.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yea I called aev and they told me we are working on it and should be soon. Lol!!! But u can put the 35s on without it. You speedo will be off slightly but it doesn't affect anything else. Mine still runs and rides the same. No traction control problems either like they say u might have. So I went ahead and put wheels and tires on and will just wait till someone makes a programmer to fix speedo for larger tires

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
An AEV rep posted on their forum today that the ‘18-compatible Pro-Cal will be available “very soon”.

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
View attachment 126427 Hello all. I am a tech at a local dealer her in Indiana. We do a lot of these trucks and there is no need to buy these programmers anymore. This can all be set at your local dealer. My power wagon Tpms is set to 70 psi high and 30 psi low. So no light when I air down. But will still come on when tiresget to low on the road. I run 37 inch tires and 4.88 gears. All programmed by me at work lol for free.
More pics of your pw bro looks bad ass

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
AEV is life on Facebook right now with a Q&A and said that the procal for the 18’s would be available end of June or early July. As suspected, they had a hard time bypassing the security module, and the new kit will be quote “not much more money” than before. So hurray, we get screwed twice, once for waiting and then again to have to pay extra.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I wonder if the Z-Auto's double bypass kit would allow the Procal and other ODB 2 accessories to work on 2018? We would need to find the "STAR connector access box" in the PW because the instructions are for a Charger /Challenger.

https://zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass/