After market EGR Valve clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to owning a ram! I love it so far but I had an issue with stalling which I fixed with an EGR Valve change. While taking out the filter box I discovered that the previous owner broke one of the plastic short rods that mounts the air filter to the truck and Jerry rigged it which did not last through my maintenance. I ordered a new mount for the air filter but I noticed a clicking noise when I accelerate. I was wondering if that noise could be the EGR Valve or the filter moving about and if anyone has experienced EGR noises. If so, is there a way I can reset the EGR Valve or should I order the expensive Mopar replacement. Thanks so much!

OP
OP
W

Wemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fixed

So I figured out that the after market EGR was causing the tick. Replaced the old one to see the difference. No tick but stalling was back. I purchased a new Mopar EGR Valve installed it and drove around for about 30 minutes with no ticking or stalling. The Mopar part was over double the after market Valve but more than worth the price for no stalling or ticking. If anyone is having this issue you can comment here and I'll go more In depth