Aftermarket Hitches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bparsel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Fellas,

I just joined as I just purchased an '07 Big Horn - 5.7. The truck has the bumper hitch setup on it. I need to add a lower hitch with the slide to tow my boat at a better angle.

I tried searching but havent seen much. Does anyone have any advice on what hitch will fit? I believe Curt makes one that will still bolt up? Any advice would be appreciated.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Are you looking for the entire receiver because yours does not have one? Or simply the ball mount that slides in?

$miley

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If you check out Walmart, they carry drop hitches that slide into the receiver. I have a popup trailer I tow with my Jeep, doing a 4" lift so have to drop the ball about 4" to level out the trailer.

Not sure how big of a boat you have.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just google Curt Class IV hitch for my Gen IV.
Got it in, it was a bit of a pain to install, but it's hell for stout, and rated higher than the truck is. That's exactly where I like to be!

Sure, it's total over kill, but that's where I'd rather be when towing. No where near mechanical limits.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I just google Curt Class IV hitch for my Gen IV.
Got it in, it was a bit of a pain to install, but it's hell for stout, and rated higher than the truck is. That's exactly where I like to be!

Sure, it's total over kill, but that's where I'd rather be when towing. No where near mechanical limits.

I run a Curt on my Jeep. It's a nice hitch.