Aftermarket OEM Style Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
I'm a new owner of a 2015 Tradesman. I plan on adding fog lights and want to go the OEM style route, so that means I need a bumper with fog light cut outs. MOPAR OEM bumpers run about $600 plus shipping, but I also see a lot of aftermarket bumpers at half that price or less. Does anybody have experience with aftermarket OEM style bumpers that they were happy with as well as those to avoid? I'm trying to save a few pennies but if MOPAR is worth the extra $$$ will go that route. Also, I want to stick to chrome.

Thanks in advance, and I have done a ton of searches on the Forum so have identified the other parts and harnesses required for this project.

OP
OP
3M-TA3

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
Have you tried car-parts.com ?

Great site & thank you! Unfortunately nothing there matches what I'm looking for. I can find bumpers all day long on eBay and Amazon and really just trying to figure out if any of the aftermarket ones are good enough to go with.

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
Be careful with aftermarket OEM style bumpers, not all of them are made with the same quality Mopar bumpers are.

laffs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a body shop supplier local to you? The place collision centers order there parts from that is to say. Generally those places will be able to tell you who has junk stampings and steel and who has good fitment for aftermarket. For what it's worth I've ordered bumpers and fenders that were non OEM brand, generally no issues but have had a few that needed holes elongated or shimming to fit 100%.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EDITED:
Just saw you are looking for a chrome bumper.
Ebay $269 shipped painted to match. Very happy with mine. Sellers name is "MBI auto"

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2206.PNG

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I have a 2016 2500, I have the same project going on. Amazon has the chrome MBI fog light bumper for the HD trucks for $220 with free shipping. The description also says it has a lifetime warranty- exactly what it covers I don't know. My primary concern would be rust.

I'll probably contact them and ask. I ordered my truck with the upfitter switches and VSIM module, so I'll probably wire the fogs to an upfitter switch, saves me the cost of a new switch and flash from the dealer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076YHHCN7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VPSDBUHNSJCT&colid=3B62VP3OF6M7E&psc=0

You might check if they have the 1500 bumper if that's what you have. The OEM chrome bumpers are not "all that". My neighbor backed into my rear bumper, so their insurance paid for a new OEM bumper. It's so thin and light, I picked it up with two fingers, I kid you not :(

EDIT: here is the MBI chrome fog light bumper for the 1500, out of stock on Amazon. You might try Rock Auto as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786P59K...be57-cce142fb59f6&ie=UTF8&qid=1518742422&sr=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
3M-TA3

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
I have a 2016 2500, I have the same project going on. Amazon has the chrome MBI fog light bumper for the HD trucks for $220 with free shipping. The description also says it has a lifetime warranty- exactly what it covers I don't know. My primary concern would be rust.

I'll probably contact them and ask. I ordered my truck with the upfitter switches and VSIM module, so I'll probably wire the fogs to an upfitter switch, saves me the cost of a new switch and flash from the dealer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076YHHCN7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VPSDBUHNSJCT&colid=3B62VP3OF6M7E&psc=0

You might check if they have the 1500 bumper if that's what you have. The OEM chrome bumpers are not "all that". My neighbor backed into my rear bumper, so their insurance paid for a new OEM bumper. It's so thin and light, I picked it up with two fingers, I kid you not :(

EDIT: here is the MBI chrome fog light bumper for the 1500, out of stock on Amazon. You might try Rock Auto as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786P59K...be57-cce142fb59f6&ie=UTF8&qid=1518742422&sr=1

Thanks - lots of good information there! I'm planning on using the OEM switch w/ fogs. Also looking into the M2Mods harness to make the wiring easier. What does the VSIM module do for you here?

I'll check out Rock Auto and there are a few on Amazon/eBay with some pretty good reviews as well. I agree that modern bumpers are about as good as plastic fascia a far as protection is concerned. Sticking with chrome mostly for it's resistance to rock chip damage - this truck will see a fair amount of gravel roads, plus I like the look.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
VSIM works for strobes and wig-wags, among numerous other things. I wouldn’t use it for fogs.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Check your local Craigslist too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
3M-TA3

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
Thanks - I've been checking CL, eBay, and Amazon. Just had a thought though - I had running boards installed yesterday and while waiting noticed they had aftermarket bumpers on their display wall. I'm going to check with them next week to see if they can keep an eye out for me when they upgrade bumpers on other trucks.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I dumped the chrome on my 2500, I couldn’t find a used rear bumper that didn’t cost an arm & leg after shipping or local. Found a scratch & dent on eBay for $175 shipped. Only thing wrong with it was the black paint was scuffed & chipped... it was getting painted granite crystal anyway.
The fit was just as well as Mopar, same steel thickness also.

deserthi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I guess we would not have the wiring already in the tradesman. I was foolishly hoping it was there. I am going to get the painted one. The fog light brackets and lights are on eBay for around $65
I have already upgraded the radio, steering wheel controls and gauges in my tradesman. Now I still need wheels.
PS: That pre-painted bumper on eBay is now $559:(

Last edited:
OP
OP
3M-TA3

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
I guess we would not have the wiring already in the tradesman. I was foolishly hoping it was there. I am going to get the painted one. The fog light brackets and lights are on eBay for around $65
I have already upgraded the radio, steering wheel controls and gauges in my tradesman. Now I still need wheels.
PS: That pre-painted bumper on eBay is now $559:(

You need to get the OEM harness and either the extension harness from @M2Mods or fab an extension yourself. You also need either a light switch that supports fogs (and a dealer flash to enable it) or an accessory switch.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm currently speaking to MBI Auto about their bumpers listed on Amazon. I'm also looking to add fogs to my truck but want the black steel facebar for my 2500 cause I'm gonna have it powder coated with textures black.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

deserthi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I'm currently speaking to MBI Auto about their bumpers listed on Amazon. I'm also looking to add fogs to my truck but want the black steel facebar for my 2500 cause I'm gonna have it powder coated with textures black.

I hope you can work something out with MBI. If that painted bumper was the price quoted above I would have bought a white one already.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I hope you can work something out with MBI. If that painted bumper was the price quoted above I would have bought a white one already.
Here's my experience with MBI thus far...

I contacted them in attempts to find out if when I order I can request the black facebar due to them saying it comes in black or primer grey. They replied and said they can't customize a product. I replied and stated I wasn't wanting it customized and explained how they had it listed and stated I wanted the black cause I wasn't gonna pain it. They replied and stated they recommended the replacement of be a certified replacement part of quality. Here's where I got kinda upset since they continued to dodge (no pun intended) the question. I told them in plain English they weren't answering my question and again stayed their listing about the two colors and how I want it in black, not primer grey as that's useless to me. They replied with "we'll, if consider the color to be more of a matte black than grey but it depends on how the customer sees it".

So I'm not sure how to take their final reply. And if I ordered and it was indeed primer grey they charge a restocking fee if it's returned.

Stu4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's just primered you could always paint match linex it, would take care of corrosion concerns as well.