Air blowing out floor vents only...found to be broken Defrost Door Pivot Connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2kDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a lot of research on this forum and found the "wild vents" thread which led me thru a lot of trouble shooting - thanks for all the tips. I replaced the check valve (only had one by the manifold, the T-connection didn't have one even though the manual shows one there) and PCV. The air still blew out the floor vents only. Then I proceeded to watching each actuator while someone ran the controls and all actuators worked which leads me to believe that I have good vacuum on all of them. However; I noticed on the Heat/Defrost Door Actuator, the Door Pivot Connection was disconnected. This one is directly behind the metal frame / airbag wiring harness on the hump. I tried reinstalling it but it wouldn't stay, I think it's too worn. I think I can reinstall a new one without removing the dash, but I can't find a part number.

Would anyone happen to know the part number of this piece?

The first impage shows the actuator with the part still attached. This was after I reattached it to the actuator arm. It is not attached the door hinge. The second image is of the part.

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP

2kDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update...part number is 4720347. I was able to replace it without pulling the whole dash out. A/C works great now.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Thanks for sharing with us. Its always nice to hear that a problem was successfully remedied.

On a side note, its also nice to know that there are intelligent car/truck owners out there, that not everyone is the level of customer that I see on a daily basis.

Bexar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Back in the day my vents only blew cold out of the top windshield defrost vents. Didn't blow anything out any other vents. Was probably this issue

Dirt Diggler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you find this part #4720347? Everywhere I look it says discontinued.

OP
OP

2kDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Dirt Diggler,
I just looked and also saw that it was now discontinued. Last time I was at the dealer for another part, they said it was discontinued but had a new part number. Are you able to call or stop by your dealer and see if they can look up a new part number? You may also be able to get one on ebay, but it may be a little pricier now that they are discontinued.