Air freshener's??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wondering what you guys use to keep your trucks smelling good. I use those scented trees that you hang, and they seem to not last long, and the clip in vents seem to do the same for me. So what does everyone else have good luck with??

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
I got one of those glade ones that ya clip on the vent however I located mine under the dash where the heat blows out onto your feet. when ya need some scented air just turn on the blower and put the setting to feet. instead of buying a new one when empty I refill mine . works great and has for yrs

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I got one of those glade ones that ya clip on the vent however I located mine under the dash where the heat blows out onto your feet. when ya need some scented air just turn on the blower and put the setting to feet. instead of buying a new one when empty I refill mine . works great and has for yrs

Refillable ones??? I always buy the vent clip ones as well. Haven't seen any that I could refill though.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't buy the Chemical Guys spray stuff. Does not last.

Glad you said that since I was considering getting their stuff.

Wow never knew they have had refill ones, where did you get them?

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
best is little trees...chemical guys smell amazing for 15 min..maybe 12

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
Glad you said that since I was considering getting their stuff.

Wow never knew they have had refill ones, where did you get them?

Walmart is about the only place left that sells em. they are the little glass jar ones that glade makes. they were one of the first clip on ones out yrs ago. I don't think they are made to be refilled but you just have to unscrew the cap and pull out the little plastic piece and the reed that absorbs the scented oil.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I don't use air freshener's anymore because I prefer the smell of sweaty ass, but when I did I would spray it pretty heavily with the truck running, air on high and recirculate and spray into the passenger floor board where the recirculate would pick it up. I would close the door and go do something for about 10 minutes while it was circulating in there, always smelled fresh after that.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I don't use air freshener's anymore because I prefer the smell of sweaty ass, but when I did I would spray it pretty heavily with the truck running, air on high and recirculate and spray into the passenger floor board where the recirculate would pick it up. I would close the door and go do something for about 10 minutes while it was circulating in there, always smelled fresh after that.

did that as a teenager before i brought moms truck back.... haha

Previs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out bluntpower.com they have a wide variety of different scents and it's the longest lasting air freshener I've found. The sprays are oil based and last for days, they probably would last longer but I occasionally smoke a good cigar in my truck and you'd never know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
k2-_9562ee17-6589-451a-914c-a44854da8a89.v1.jpg

For some reason I love this "New Car" smell. All the other ones smell like **** to me, this one is perfect. I think it mimics Dodges new car smell very well, and it just smells good in general. I have been using these for a year now. I use 2, so 4 last about a month or longer if your not **** like me. I put them on the outside front vents. Having all 4 vents loaded is just over kill. Best part other than the smell is you cant see them, the blend in perfect.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
k2-_9562ee17-6589-451a-914c-a44854da8a89.v1.jpg

For some reason I love this "New Car" smell. All the other ones smell like **** to me, this one is perfect. I think it mimics Dodges new car smell very well, and it just smells good in general. I have been using these for a year now. I use 2, so 4 last about a month or longer if your not **** like me. I put them on the outside front vents. Having all 4 vents loaded is just over kill. Best part other than the smell is you cant see them, the blend in perfect.

I've seen those drip down eat the color right out of the dash before, I'm not using it.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've seen those drip down eat the color right out of the dash before, I'm not using it.

What?! How does anything "drip"? there's no liquid in these.. The cloth is saturated but not nearly enough to drip. Even the fin that these wrap onto has never discolored, or been eaten away. Show me proof, I'm calling BS..

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
What?! How does anything "drip"? there's no liquid in these.. The cloth is saturated but not nearly enough to drip. Show me proof, I'm calling BS..
Figured you might... I no longer have the vehicle to show you proof, but it wasn't liquid. The best way I can describe it is it like a chunk of deodorant bar in a plastic housing. Ya'll never see 100+ temp days in your area so it dripping down your dash very unlikely, but if I remember correctly it was summer time here and that's when I noticed it.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Figured you might... I no longer have the vehicle to show you proof, but it wasn't liquid. The best way I can describe it is it like a chunk of deodorant bar in a plastic housing. Ya'll never see 100+ temp days in your area so it dripping down your dash very unlikely, but if I remember correctly it was summer time here and that's when I noticed it.

Wait I can use this stuff as deodorant too?! haha.. That sucks. I hope this does not happen to me. I just find it unlikely since its just a plastic clip and pad wrapped in cloth is all. I guess anything is possible..

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Wait I can use this stuff as deodorant too?! haha.. That sucks. I hope this does not happen to me. I just find it unlikely since its just a plastic clip and pad wrapped in cloth is all. I guess anything is possible..

Yeah, our cars especially black ones down here get really hot in the summer time and I'm pretty sure that's when it happened. You should be good to go and I guess in a pinch you could use it as an antiperspirant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963