Air intake puzzle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Richards

Reaction score
5 miles from Branson as the crow flies; 20 miles b
Ram Year
Engine
Background: 89 Power Ram 3/4 ton, 4WD, 360 engine, 3 speed auto. Runs well but leaks oil from left valve cover via a rubber sealed hole appr. 1 1/2". Original air intake apparatus was replaced with a chromed "pot" over the throat. To try fixing leak I recently bought a used air intake apparatus for this model but there appears to be no connector to this mysterious "hole" in the valve cover. QUESTION: is there a site where I can get a visual "blow-up" of the original parts?

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hole in the valve cover is where the original PCV valve connected.
If you can find an emissions diagram for it, that should show the factory parts and hose routing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Thomas Richards

Reaction score
5 miles from Branson as the crow flies; 20 miles b
Ram Year
Engine
Hole in the valve cover is where the original PCV valve connected.
If you can find an emissions diagram for it, that should show the factory parts and hose routing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for response and diagrams. Do you know if I can get a blow-up engine pic from Chrysler? Before tackling this I would like to see what it SHOULD look like. Tom.