Air suspension ride sensitivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fieldoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 17 longhorn with air suspension. Wanted to change tires from original sra's so have tried nitto, cooper, hankook, Michelin. All in stock size 275/60/20 standard load. Seems when go to a different tire I pick up more road vibration on rough roads except for the Michelin. They are smoother than the sra's and handle all conditions very well so I should just stay with them but they are a bit thinner than I like and keep looking for that tire that will be a little beefier looking but end up not liking how much feel road when change tires. Anyone else experience this with their air suspension or am I being "oversensitive." Never experienced this to this point with regular suspension.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the air suspension on my Outdoorsman and don’t have any issue with vibration. I switched out the Goodyear’s it came with for General Grabber AT2’s. They are a 10 ply LT tire and I don’t notice anything at all.

Maybe try road force balancing them?

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 RAM 1500 Rebel, which has air suspension on all 4 corners.

No problem or vibration. I do like the air suspension; it corners very flat, almost like driving a big tall sedan. The auto-leveling is also nice when hauling and towing.

Tires could affect the ride quality... Some tires have stiffer rides (or 'sportier' rides) than others.

Railman17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They replaced the Goodyears with Michelins on my new 2017 Limited.
The Michelins are more aggressive but have much more traction.
Service manager said they will outlast the Goodyears substantially.
My air ride has always seemed stiff and transferred a lot of small road defects.
The loaner trucks I was given rode much better, they were all coil spring trucks like the tradesman