Airbags in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 09 Ram with RC 6" lift sits an inch higher in front now that I had new Bilstiens put on. They installed them and said that the front was low so they bumped up the 5100s. The front was high but they said it should settle. It did not and now they say if the frame is level, it will cost me labor to adjust them. They consider level being the frame and not the actual height.

Anyway, I need to measure.... but like the little extra lift.

What options do I have for airbags in the rear springs? I see this as a possible advantage for leveling now and when I tow my boat. They told me that they cost 500-600, but I have seen others online.

Any inputs? I don't need an air compressor on board.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can a 1 inch spacer be put under the coil while there is a spacer on top of the coil?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would not put a spacer under the coil of you already have one up top.

As far as bags, if you want the bags to give a little lift you want the kind that are outside the coil like the Timber Grove units. The ones that go inside the coil push out against the coil to keep it from compressing so they can’t really “lift” the rear like the Timber Grove type can.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Timber Grove air bags are great and you can get a 1" to 2" before its going to ride bad with no weight in the back.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was just looking at the ICON 2 stage rear coil springs for my Ram. Supposed to give 1"-1/5" of lift and the reviews say the ride is nice with the two stage coil. Keeps the rear soft enough but has the strength for towing capacity. I only pull a 19 foot bassboat and it usually causes minimal sag.

I think the spring idea is much better than the airbag. Any thoughts or experience with these? Also, will I need to have another alignment done, or is that only needed for front end work.

http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/Icon-2009-Current-RAM-1500-1-5-Lift-Rear-Coil-Spring.aspx