Airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is there anybody here that can point me in the direction of contacting someone at Dodge/Ram regarding airbags that did NOT deploy after truck vs light pole? 785e318e45b7b8e984fdbb8195615aa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There have been at least 2ea recalls on airbags on my 2014 1500 Ram . As far as who to contact , maybe start at your dealer ....if your truck was effected by the recall and the recall was not done you may get some pushback from FCA and or your Dealer though .
Many variables come into play here ...
Hope all is well with you and your loved ones !!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There have been at least 2ea recalls on airbags on my 2014 1500 Ram . As far as who to contact , maybe start at your dealer ....if your truck was effected by the recall and the recall was not done you may get some pushback from FCA and or your Dealer though .
Many variables come into play here ...
Hope all is well with you and your loved ones !!!!

Thank you good sir. I don’t think I had any outstanding recalls since the dealer is the only one to touch the truck for any work but I’ll start by calling them.
Loved ones are ok as it was just me in the truck trying to avoid an idiot wanting to turn left across 3 lanes into a parking lot form the far right lane!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn , looks like the idiot and light pole won [emoji44][emoji44] Glad you came out whole Sir !!
What year is your Ram ?
Has your dealer completed any airbag recalls on your truck .

On my 14 one involved wire routing on the driver's steering wheel air bag and one delt with the passengers side door airbag and the last one concerning air bags ( which I haven't complied with yet ) has to do with roll over air bag deployment ...

Please Keep us informed here !!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On my recent incident, neither one of my airbags deployed much to the chagrin of those who witnessed it.

Father Of Four

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Damn , looks like the idiot and light pole won [emoji44][emoji44] Glad you came out whole Sir !!
What year is your Ram ?
Has your dealer completed any airbag recalls on your truck .

On my 14 one involved wire routing on the driver's steering wheel air bag and one delt with the passengers side door airbag and the last one concerning air bags ( which I haven't complied with yet ) has to do with roll over air bag deployment ...

Please Keep us informed here !!

Mine is a ‘14 and I’m always checking the recall site and my VIN never produced any hits that I can remember involving the airbags.
Going to call the dealer and double check here in a few. I’ll post what they say a little later.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you and it would have been worse....

Father Of Four

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The airbags on my 2014 didn't deploy, either. I had an independent inspection and a report was filed with FCA.

20170324_130409_zpsnslamxi3.jpg

I was told the impact was from the side and I wasn't moving fast enough. Well, the damn Phord driver that smacked me sure was moving fast enough. Frankly, I think there's a problem here...

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The airbags on my 2014 didn't deploy, either. I had an independent inspection and a report was filed with FCA.

20170324_130409_zpsnslamxi3.jpg

I was told the impact was from the side and I wasn't moving fast enough. Well, the damn Phord driver that smacked me sure was moving fast enough. Frankly, I think there's a problem here...
Damn! They said that was from the side? Clearly looks like it’s the front! I know line is definitely the front and still no airbags!

OP
OP
C

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sooo.... called the dealer here in anchorage and they patched me through to Ram customer care. Got a case number and was told I’d be contacted in 3-4 days.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well that's a start

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really glad you and all involved are okay! That looks pretty nasty. I think I heard about this accident on the radio traffic report while I was making my way home.
I had my truck at Lithia about two months ago and they did an airbag recall for me at that time (was getting header bolts replaced). Not sure if that's worth anything to ya.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It was from the side. The front dished out area was incurred after the main impact of a speeding Phord which ran the stoplight and hit me at a 90 degree angle from the passenger side. My frame rails sliced through that F150 from the grill to the firewall, dislodging the engine and opening up that truck like a cheap tin can.

Wait...that's what Phords are... a cheap tin can. :D

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Glad you’re ok! I’m not confident about my truck now [emoji50]

I recently looked up crash tests as my buddy wants a f-150 for his wife and showed him pictures of fords in accidents. Turns out ford has a better crash rating than RAM 1500 does! Stronger roof and front end collision. If the fords open up like a can what’s a ram gonna look like ?

Keep us posted as this could be a potentially extensive safety concerns

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Glad you’re ok! I’m not confident about my truck now [emoji50]

I recently looked up crash tests as my buddy wants a f-150 for his wife and showed him pictures of fords in accidents. Turns out ford has a better crash rating than RAM 1500 does! Stronger roof and front end collision. If the fords open up like a can what’s a ram gonna look like ?

Keep us posted as this could be a potentially extensive safety concerns

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken Ram was the worst of the with Ford, Chevy, and Toyota performing better. I would love to hear from the OP and Maddog what the passenger compartment was like after the wreck. Pictures if you have them.

To the OP, there is a forum member called Ramcares who is a FCA/Ram brand employee. They may be able to assist you if you need help. I believe the person managing that user right now is named Andrea.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the OP, if your not satisfied with the dealers response file a complaint with NHTSA. Did your truck come to a complete stop against the pole or did it slide a distance after hitting? Do you by chance have the measurement of crush at maximum engagement?

Richard Schmale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
rich here my 08 wasnt as bad as most of your guys trucks the cab was pristine no deployment of airbags seat belt ripped skin on neck broke neck broke ribs im glad for you guys that walked away. the frane under motor was bent requiring a replacement frame ins totaled truck any way after got out of hospital and rehab i started playing catchup on what went on what a *****