AirLift added to lowered Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I lowered my 2 WD Ram with Mcgaughy's lowering econo kit, that included only the springs, then added Bell tech shocks. Rides nice, but needed overload protection. checked with air bag set ups and none we fitted for a lowered 2012 with coils.

so with a HUGE thanks to joeg45, I ordered AirLift # 60824. These are for a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Dodge Durango.
They fit perfectly in the shortened coils on the rear of the Ram.

The directions that come with them aren't applicable to the Ram, so kinda look over them ,but I figured out this way:

I jacked up the truck and set the frame on jackstands, removed the rear wheels and kept the rear end supported on the jack, lowered it about as far as it would go with out letting the springs loose. I did NOT remove the shock bolts nor did I remove the sway bar bolts- it all stayed connected.

I then divided (cut) the air line provided in two, attached it to the bag and slipped over the protector (spacer):
IMG_0006.JPG

then I worked the airline into a gap in the spring and UP and out the top:
IMG_0008.JPG

then I squeezed the air out and worked the bag into the spring:
IMG_0009.JPG

then I kept working the bag into the spring:
IMG_0002.JPG

finished :
IMG_0004.JPG

then I raised the jack and with the weight of the truck on the springs it looks like this:
IMG_0004.JPG

it is aired up with the fill valves temporarily attached until I find a permanent mounting place.

DepsilonD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mounted mine the same way. Find a drill bit the size of the valves and widen the holes on your license plate and bumper and you are done.

FLRamSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I did mine the same as Chaney, thanks to his advice. I love it so far, now I gotta tow a long. Probably wont get around to it until I get everything loaded in the 6x12 trailer at the end of the month. I went thru the license plate as well...Took 1 hour to remove the tires, well wall and install/reinstall on a lift.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just read through my instructions yesterday. I'm gonna grab a brass 1/4" barbed tee to replace the plastic P.O.S. before I start the install.
Thanks for the part#; if I ever talk the wife into dropping the rear 2" (of the truck lol) that will come in handy.