Almost-Stall During Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello community,

I have two problems. I will explain each one the best I can.. who knows, they may be caused by the same thing (hopefully).

Problem 1:
I am stopped at a traffic light, it turns green so I push down the gas pedal. The first 3 seconds of acceleration are fairly normal.. right after that though, the revs get very rough and and drop down very low almost to the point of stalling out. But once I get past that "problem speed", it gets smooth again. Which brings me to....

Problem 2:
I am going about 60 km/h cause I live in Canada,and I am keep a steady speed. I start to accelerate to 80, but the revs get very rough and I hear faint popping and vibrations in sync with the combustion going on under the hood, and it struggles to accelerate. Once I get past THAT speed, it becomes smooth once again. But if I put the pedal way down to the floor , it doesn't matter what speed I'm going, it also gets rough again.

I have replaced the fuel filter, sealed up some vacuum lines, cleaned the valves on the vacuum lines, and everything else seems fine. I have taken it to the shop, and they don't know what to suggest. I would rather not keep on replacing things that don't need to be replaced... I want to find the problem, and fix it. That may be the only way to find the problem but if anyone here has any suggestions that would save me money because I wouldn't have to keep replacing perfectly fine parts, then let me know.

Thanks everyone