Aloha From Hawaii

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jahloha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aloha RamForum!

Excited to learn, share, and be part of the Ram owners ohana.

I have always loved 1st and 2nd Gen Rams (my other truck is a 1970 Chevy C20 - mid resto), so I finally found a sweet deal and am joining the group.

Introducing what will soon be known as Black Lava (build name), its a 1998 2500 8L V10 Club Cab with 4.10 and 133K miles. I was fortunate enough to buy it what I consider a pretty smokin' deal of $3100. Out here in the islands a V10 is not really the most desirable DD haha, but I live/work/play in a small radius so all good on the MPG.

Here's the BUILD THREAD for future documentation, but I plan on a 10 day project timeline to get the truck to where I want it to be. Most likely not 10 consecutive days, but want to dedicate ten days and get it done. As we all know documenting is key, so my build thread will show how that process goes.

Here's a quick list of action items I am targeting to complete in those 10 days:

ENGINE/TRANS/MECHANICAL
- Service rear end (possible LSD problem) and trans flush
- General service: plugs, wires, filters, oil, battery, belts, hoses, etc.
- AC charge, currently dead

BODY/PAINT
- 2" leveling kit. Will most likely go wit Bilstiens or a Daystar/Pro Comp product
- Minor ding repair on one silver dollar size dent in front panel
- Poly brush entire body to remove clear coat, degrease, spray body in black Raptor Liner (now you are seeing the reason for the name Black Lava)

INTERIOR
- Remove factory Infinity system and upgrade to JVC products (head unit,speakers,tweeters)
- Install Viper alarm system
- Go to Wet Okole's Hawaii office and order custom seat covers (if you haven't heard of Wet Okole, I highly recommend them)
- Weathertech all-weather mats (front/back)

WHEELS/TIRES
- 18"x9" Fuel Mavericks. These have a -12 offset and 4.5 backspace. Targeting a slightly extended stance, maybe 1" - 1.5"
- 285/65R18 Toyo Open Country. This will be a first time for me to use Toyos, but excited

EXTERIOR
- Tint to legal maximum, which is around 30%
- Spyder headlights, tail lights, and 3rd brake light. Both will be black casings with clear lenses. Have never used an LED product, but might try that on this build
- 52" curved light bar, roof mounted
- tow mirrors, just bc I like the look of it
- parking sensors
- possibly, possibly, after market bumpers...tbd

Probably have forgotten some things, but you get the idea.

Black Lava will be simple, clean, and my take on what I think will become a cherry Gen 2.

Mahalo!

J

PS...here's the build thread (trust me, I like pics)

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the group, looks like you are going to a busy fella...

blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Welcome..
Go to Wet Okole's Hawaii office and order custom seat covers (if you haven't heard of Wet Okole, I highly recommend them)
plus2 on Okoles covers. Have them on my Colorado for two years

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963