Am I getting a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Where do you live? I had dealers searching all over the area for the right truck for me... Then I found it myself, and got it cheaper. Yeah USAA is just fine, but I found cheaper then them also.

I'm currently live on a small island in the pacific called Japan. Distance isn't an issue for me, its all about finding the deal at this point, how did you go about searching for your truck. At this point I'm down to doing a google seach for "Ram Dealership" and individually searching their inventory, let me tell ya this does not excite me.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I was just discussing this same topic with my dad a few days ago. Having bought 3 vehicles since 2009, my experience is that deals are hard to come by.

Case in point: I've never paid asking price for a vehicle EVER. When I bought my 2012 in December, it took 2 months to do the deal. ADVERTISED Asking price was 44k, KBB fair purchase price was 42k. I offered initially 42, then 1 mos later 43. Dealer rejected all my offers finally discounting to 250 below advertised price, which ended me up at 2k below invoice.

No other Dodge dealer was willing to even talk to me below 48k. The competition while they tried hard, just weren't able to come close to the price I wanted to pay.

Similar thing happened with my wife's LR4. Dealers quote their price and NEVER budge regardless of how well qualified you are.

Good luck. Be patient, you'll find the right deal
Ch

Sent using XT912 M

Sideshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Rubicon 2D
Engine
Pentastar
It's all in who you know.

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I've got them down to 7300 below msrp I want more though. I'm still dealing with the one guy and I'm not exactly in a rush so things are in my favor. Technically they are a no hassle dealership so I don't know how much more I can get out of them. I might have to branch out to real dealers but I don't want to do that really until I have orders for my next duty station in hand.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What's invoice on the truck?

They'll never go below that price, unless the dealer/dodge is doing some kind of special deal. My deal was related to the 2013's coming soon so the dealer was blowing out his overstocked 2013's.

You might try Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho. Huge deals there

Ch

/
Sent using XT912 M

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I show invoice about 3 thousand below MSRP, depending on the website, truecar, edmunds, or kbb(which btw fails to list all the options) regardless they all show slightly different invoice prices. So I guess 8500 isn't too shabby.

Tried Dave Smith but they don't have any V6 SLTs at least not that I saw in the 116 trucks I scrolled through, and they are all call for pricing currently.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You might try calling them. I was confused scrolling through their website. The sales folk were very helpful and knowledgeable even though I didn't buy from them

Sent using XT912 M

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I'm currently live on a small island in the pacific called Japan. Distance isn't an issue for me, its all about finding the deal at this point, how did you go about searching for your truck. At this point I'm down to doing a google seach for "Ram Dealership" and individually searching their inventory, let me tell ya this does not excite me.

oh yes, I have done some time there.

Well try these guys link below. They have a decent inventory and prices cant be beat. I also haggled on the phone and got a tad under the lowest price. I brought this price to another dealer, they said it's a scam. But I made the deal on the phone. Told the guy my bottom line price, and said if you accept i'll be there (500 mile drive) when you open in the morning. Drove there the next day, spent 2hrs there and drove off the lot with the truck. If you do buy from them and say I referred you I get $50.00. So If you buy PM me for details

Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Boise | Vehicles for sale in Boise, ID 83709

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
oh yes, I have done some time there.

Well try these guys link below. They have a decent inventory and prices cant be beat. I also haggled on the phone and got a tad under the lowest price. I brought this price to another dealer, they said it's a scam. But I made the deal on the phone. Told the guy my bottom line price, and said if you accept i'll be there (500 mile drive) when you open in the morning. Drove there the next day, spent 2hrs there and drove off the lot with the truck. If you do buy from them and say I referred you I get $50.00. So If you buy PM me for details

Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Boise | Vehicles for sale in Boise, ID 83709

Wow they got some great looking prices, no SLTs though. I'm tempted to buy a Big Horn though at that price, just can't get over the gas savings on the V6 though.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There must be something equivalent to carcostcanada.com for you US guys? For a small fee you get a printout to take with you shwoing what dealers pay the manufacturer for the vehicle you want, with every option having its cost broken out.
I used it when buying my car; "Sport package has a dealer upgrade charge? They did that at the factory- I'm not paying that. Sunroff charge? Are you serious? Take that charge off. etc etc etc"
Why would you get scammed into paying the dealer for stuff which came from the factory on the truck?

Hope this helps

OP
OP
jsl6v8

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
There must be something equivalent to carcostcanada.com for you US guys? For a small fee you get a printout to take with you shwoing what dealers pay the manufacturer for the vehicle you want, with every option having its cost broken out.
I used it when buying my car; "Sport package has a dealer upgrade charge? They did that at the factory- I'm not paying that. Sunroff charge? Are you serious? Take that charge off. etc etc etc"
Why would you get scammed into paying the dealer for stuff which came from the factory on the truck?

Hope this helps
Yes kinda, edmunds.com, kbb.com, truecar.com all will give you invoice pricing on vehicles, nice part is they don't charge you for it either.