Am i getting the hemi tick or do i have an exhaust leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I still don't hear jack.

Question for you though, is your truck tuned? If so take it out and see if you still feel/hear a difference and throw codes.

yeah i have it tuned. I didnt think of doing that, i know ill throw a bunch of codes since i have no cats.

Yes, sounds like a old singer sewing machine, expecially with the big valve heads I have. Just re- torque after a few hundred if you didn't use oem gaskets. My knock sensors did pick it up(1-4 st @ wot), but after throughout check we desensitized them a little. Perfect!

that is a good way of explaining it. You put my mind at ease! thanks!

texasraised

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
i had a problem with a tick and after checkin everything i decided to tighten up my header bolts. turns out one of the bolts broke off in the block. i went and got a new on and had to use a screw extractor to get the old one out. problem solved.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i fixed it for the most part. re torqued the bolts, found out that a knock sensor was unplugged, and changed my super 10 to a delta 50.

I still have a little sewing machine sound, but thats just a hemi, sounds much better! no more p0325 code either.

My idle is still weird though, if im driving and come to a stop light my rpm will drop to 500. It will bounce around a little, like between 500-600 rpm. Tuning or could it be a vacuum leak somewhere in my catch can?

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I thought my dads truck was getting hemi tick especially since he has been neglecting it lately. Turns out theres a nice big crack in his muffler. This one is still pending since im getting the oil changed tomorrow. Its been too long for that too so it should help.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
It sound like a truck with headers to me, Sounds Awesome:favorites13:
Why did you go with larger primary's? Is it for future mods?

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oops sorry bro missed the point of the thread...to me it just sounds like a truck with headers as well. These trucks are all pretty noisy with headers.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It sound like a truck with headers to me, Sounds Awesome:favorites13:
Why did you go with larger primary's? Is it for future mods?

I had to make it a little quieter with the super 10s it was just insane drone on the highway. Hopefully the delta 50 i put it will quiet it down. still has an awesome tone but no where near as loud.

I got the 1 7/8 because a) i got an awesome deal for them 570 shipped for ceramic coated long tubes? sounds good to me
b) i plan on super charging it one day, and hopefully building the engine

Oops sorry bro missed the point of the thread...to me it just sounds like a truck with headers as well. These trucks are all pretty noisy with headers.

all good lol and yeah ive learned that

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude you're just like me in respect to hearing that "tick" and thinking its something wrong . I did long tubes in my 2015 hemi as well and became quite hypersensitive to the sewing machine noise . Hearing yours makes me feel better . I've had many videos.posted as well .... Yours sounds the same. Send me a pm If u want to hear mine. All normal for longtubes from my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Mine had that singer sewing machine tickin sound.... I have noticed a big difference running Redline 5w-30 helped mine to quiet down. The headers amplify it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
KG I'm not sure you have any issue, that is more normal then anything. Do you use 5w30 oil? Redline paired with a good royal purple filter would likely quiet that down, but in this case I'm not sure it is all that necessary unless you felt like running it. Get some 5w30 m1 at coscto or walmart maybe.