American Racing Headers with Carven Competitor Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a short vid that I said I would post when I got around to putting on my Carven Direct fit Muffler. Big shout out to Nick for the great deal. Sorry it is sort of short is was raining. I will get a better on in a day or two when the weather clears up. Cold start with a few small reeves. I also have some 5 inch tips that need to go on has well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
CTD

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Believe me the video does it no justice ha ha. I will get a better vid when the weather clears with some full reeves.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wanna see/hear a take off video. Under load I bet it sounds like a monster!

Reactions: CTD
OP
OP
CTD

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are right about the take offs under load, that is when she screams. Has soon has the weather lets up some I will get a take off video.

OP
OP
CTD

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate it fellows. I'm liking it much better than the outlaw series flow master I had on it before and it is built a hell of a lot better than the flow master also. I have a set of 5 inch tips that I need to throw on that I hope will complement the sound a little more. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I will be able to get a take off vid to post "that is when it really screams".

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Holy crap thats awsome!! Quite the rasp on startup

JSVT3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds mean!

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
You running cats? Sounds pretty mean, I like it. Gonna run it through the home theater later

OP
OP
CTD

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hear is another short vid I grabbed when there was a little brake in the rain. My phone fell over about half way through the vid but the first part you can hear pretty good. I still didn't get on it like I wanted to because of the wet roads, but hopefully this will give y'all a better idea of what it sounds like.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats sounds awesome! Cats? Any cracking or popping sound with headers? Thinking really hard about doin this. But want a smooth sound like i have now with just the carven progressive, only meaner. Not overbearing. Also, is the ticking prominent like others have stated after doing longtubes?

OP
OP
CTD

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats sounds awesome! Cats? Any cracking or popping sound with headers? Thinking really hard about doin this. But want a smooth sound like i have now with just the carven progressive, only meaner. Not overbearing. Also, is the ticking prominent like others have stated after doing longtubes?

American Racing Headers with High Flow cats. No popping or crackling but it is loud, it's hard to really capture on video just how loud this system is. I have the competitor series so the progressive series may tone down the loud a little more. It will sound meaner with headers but the overbearing part is in the eye of the beholder.

There is a little more engine noise with headers but its really not bad at all. I will grab you a vid tomorrow of the engine while running if you want me to so you can hear the difference but IMO it's minimal difference from stock.

Last edited:

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks CTD. Yeah, I know sound is very subjective. I think I'd be about perfect for my taste with the progressive and the arh longs. Prob listened to ur videos 20 times through my headphones today. Smiles everytime. Can only imagine what it soumds like in person.Mind taking an in cab video? Is it super loud crusing, or just when you get on it?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds really good @CTD .

@Solid State we dont currently offer ARH but we do offer KOOK's and Stainless works as well as some other options. WE can offer great discounts on them as well. Message me when your ready.

OP
OP
CTD

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks CTD. Yeah, I know sound is very subjective. I think I'd be about perfect for my taste with the progressive and the arh longs. Prob listened to ur videos 20 times through my headphones today. Smiles everytime. Can only imagine what it soumds like in person.Mind taking an in cab video? Is it super loud crusing, or just when you get on it?

It is not to bad while cruising (SUBJECTIVE). Don't get me wrong you can hear it at low RPM's even with the windows up but I am able to carry on a conversation and it never has never bothered me in the lest. I still have my factory resonators on and that seems to help some while at cruising speeds. I will get a in cab vid tomorrow or Sunday and maybe that can help aid in your decision. I also have another vid doing some normal drive byes that I am uploading right now and will post in a few mins that you can listen to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452