AMP Powerstep issues??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradh_24054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 6.4
Does anyone have the AMP powersteps and have you had any issues with them or even with the install? Cant make up my mind if i want drop that big of a chunk of change on them for my 2500 CC. I took the factory steps off and went with the NFAB Stainless steps and with in 6 months they started rusting so I had to send them back!! Which was a pain!! So needless to say I am pissed about those rusting! Especially when they weren't supposed too!

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I just installedthe amp powersteps a few months ago myself on my 14 2500 cc. I live them. They tuck out of the way and come down quite a bit when retracted. I can't say enough good things about them. I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed mine a while ago as well and I love them too. I installed the plug and at version and the instalation was strait foward. I recommend getting a small angle drill attachment to drill the small rivet holes for the mounts if you install them yourself. I can almost guarantee if you get them you will love them.

OP
OP
B

bradh_24054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 6.4
Thanks guys, Yeh I love the idea of them plus I can keep the look of the truck with out steps! I think once I got them I wouldn't regret it! I just can't get out of my head that they will end up not working or messing up! But I will probably end up going ahead and pulling the trigger and getting some! I just wanted o get some others opinions!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Im working towards a set of the plug and plays too.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I've had them on my truck for close to 3 years with no issues at all. Just lube up the hinge points every now and then and they're good to go! They're definitely the best option if you need steps but don't like the look of them (which is exactly how I am).

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They are, in a word, perfect. I've had mine in Alaska for a year now, through muddy and wet breakup and cold winter, with no issues.

As mentioned above, get a right-angle drill to drill the holes for the rivets, (the brackets are both bolted and riveted to the truck).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toejam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Bought a set for my 2016 2500 CC, traded it for a 2016 3500 CC LWB DRW, and had them swapped over to it. After 6 back surgeries, hopping up into these cabs was wearing me out. I no longer have that issue, and love my power steps! Highly recommended.

OP
OP
B

bradh_24054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 6.4
I appreciate all the replies! This is awesome!! You guys are determined to make me spend this big chunk of money!!:roflsquared: I am glad to hear someone has had them longer than a few months without issues!! Dang it! I guess I will have to go on and get them! Thanks again folks!

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah do it man! Over three years here and goin strong, their customer service is top notch too!

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Anyone have the powerstep XL? I'm been eyeing those a lot lately. I like to look of the slider, plus it looks like it will protect a little against door strikes in the parking lot.

If anyone has them, please post your thoughts, any issues, install pics if you have them.

Thanks in Advance!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I am concerned about door dings in a parking lot I just step on mine and close the door and wait for it to lock in the open position and then they stay out in till I get back in the truck. They don't stick out as far as an actual running board but they do stick out enough to help detour somebody from opening there door on my truck a little bit.

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
It is a big chunk of change but they are awesome! It makes it sooo much easier to get in and out of the truck, especially if you have a wife or kids.

danh63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had them on my older truck for 4 years and they were great! Should be ordering them for the new one soon

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've had them on my truck for close to 3 years with no issues at all. Just lube up the hinge points every now and then and they're good to go! They're definitely the best option if you need steps but don't like the look of them (which is exactly how I am).

Lithium spray?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Silicone spray or WD40 works well. Often if I know there's some crud in there I'll use WD40 to help clean it out since it's a solvent. Then use Silicone spray after the next wash to lube them up proper.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a 2018 PW on order and was wanting to get AMP powersteps for it. So I contacted AMP and apparently RAM's body control module coding has changed for 2018. They said it would be a minimum of 8 weeks before they had a plug and play version for 2018 RAM 2500s. According to the dealer, my PW should be here before Thanksgiving. So do I wait or go with a hard wire kit???? Has anyone put in a hard wired AMP Powerstep? It looks it be a pain to get to the wire way under the dash.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait for the plug and play.

Just a heads up the power wagon requires a different rear bracket because of the front fender flares. I installed mine and was mad as can be, then I called and they said I needed different brackets for the power wagon. WTF I ordered them on the website for the power wagon. Regardless keep an eye out.

As well my motors were wired backwards. I had to pull the pins on both motors and reverse the polarity. Took me a minute per side but still something I had to do on the power wagon that I havent done on normal rams.