AMP Powerstep issues??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adding my positive review for the AMPs. Had to get them for the wife to be able to get in, as they're lower than "regular" step rails. Haven't had them - or the truck - for long, but they feel very solid, and got great reviews.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Funny thing. I just got a new/used 2500. Bought it without driving it out openin doors . I know. Anyways was looking at steps cause the wife is vertically challenged. Well later once at dealership receiving the truck I look over and my wife is standing on steps. Had no idea they were on there. SCORE!!! I do love em. The only problem I’ve noticed is I live in out in country. Rocks tend to get stuck and they goof up now and then. But always work the way out of there

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Oh. And I’m 330lbs and they don’t seem to budge or move much at all. They seem very sturdy. Oh and my wife is not 330lbs

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have them on both my Rams. Love them!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the plug and plays on the power wagon. They are the XL model to have the extra drop. They needed to send me a different bracket as the powerwagon has factory fender flares and needed to move them back, they next day fedex's that to me so I cant really complain. The motors were also wired backwards, but with a jewelers screwdriver I fixed that in less than a minute per side.

Great service, they work everywhere, and they make the truck look taller without the boards hanging down.

I want them for my 1500 as well but the 1300 bucks is holding me back as I would rather that go to the 6" lift and 37's. My wife allows me a monthly budget for toys so Im saving it up.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no issues with mine, I have had them for 10 months, been thru a lot of rain here in Houston

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I love mine. No issues at all.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Brother-in-Law has them on his vehicles, in North Dakota. He loves them but hard packed ice will mess them up. So too, rocks as mentioned earlier in this thread.
I asked if he would put them, if they did not come with and he said no. Too many hang-up issues, for him. He does not care about hiding the steps and just wants steps that never fail him.

Keep in mind, this North Dakota, where they have snow 13 months out of the year and he drievs 99% gravel.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are, in a word, perfect. I've had mine in Alaska for a year now, through muddy and wet breakup and cold winter, with no issues.

As mentioned above, get a right-angle drill to drill the holes for the rivets, (the brackets are both bolted and riveted to the truck).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think they could be stitch welded on instead of riveted? That way you could cut the stitch welds with a wafer wheel if whatever readon you have to take the steps off.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They aren’t rivets they use rivnuts like threaded inserts into a hole in the frame

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you think they could be stitch welded on instead of riveted? That way you could cut the stitch welds with a wafer wheel if whatever readon you have to take the steps off.

They aren’t rivets they use rivnuts like threaded inserts into a hole in the frame

Not quite true. Mine had both rivets and the rivnuts.

2010 - I don't think you'd be able to stitch weld the base to the thin steel on the body very well, though I'm no welder. If you were worried about the rivets, you could not install them and just go with the rivnuts.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not quite true. Mine had both rivets and the rivnuts.

2010 - I don't think you'd be able to stitch weld the base to the thin steel on the body very well, though I'm no welder. If you were worried about the rivets, you could not install them and just go with the rivnuts.

Oh God, I used rivnuts (nutcerts) on my jeep armor. They are a pain in the ass to install without the expensive nutcert tool.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nah... these are premade, slip right in the slots and tighten right up. No issues whatsoever...