And the problems continue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadwnc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To bring up to speed, I bought my '14 Ram sport at the end of November and the sending unit was out within a day. Had a new fuel pump assembly put in and within a week I get the small leak in evap code. After clearing 3 times I got it into the dealer who said they couldn't find a leak but it needed a software update which should be the problem. Did that and 4 days later I have codes for large leak in evap (P0455) and no flow, and my fuel mileage has dropped. On top of that, when we first plugged the reader in, the thing flipped out and threw on the traction control light, as well as annunciated "service shifter, service parking brake, and service trailer brake." And then had to be shut off to show any codes. So any ideas whats wrong with this thing? And is emissions covered under powertrain warranty?

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Certain emissions are covered for 8 years 80k on vehicles less than 8500 gvwr. If you hunt down the EPA rules about what parts specifically are.

I would almost suspect a battery or wonky ground. I've had similar random crazy codes and dash lights due to both over the years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk