Andersen No-Sway Weight Distributing Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Is any one using a Andersen No-Sway Weight Distributing Hitch, the one with the chains instead of bars?

When my PW get here I'm going to need to get a longer shank for my Equalizer hitch or get a new setup. I not crazy about all the noises the Equalizer makes and all the raising and lowering needed to put the bars on and off.

If you have the Andersen No-Sway Weight Distributing Hitch, can you commit on how easy / hard the setup is? And what you like or dislike about it? Thanks.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Try posting this over on the towing/hauling section. Might get more biters. :naughty:

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I've heard good things about them on HD trucks, not so much for 1/2 tons as they apparently don't transfer as much weight as a traditional WD hitch. They do very well controlling sway.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I had one for 1 trip back in 2014. This was before their re-design and better bushings. It did not distribute weight very well, and the bushings were damn near worn out after that 500 mile round trip. Setup was very easy, and it did control sway very well as well as being a very quiet WDH. I contacted Andersen and their honest opinion was that they are more tailored for lighter load trailers. My trailer that is just over 8000# was too much for their WDH.

Like I said though, this was years ago and they have made some changes to their WDH. Personally, I would call them and ask about your specific load. They were very honest with me on the phone and did not make any claims outside of what their hitch was capable of doing to keep a sale.

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one and tow a 36' TT absolutely love it beats Reese hands down in my opinion, as easy or easier than any other system to install. Only down side is needing a ratchet when hooking and unhooking, no sway and no noise when turning

Black Gold Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have one and used it on my Honda Pilot to tow a hybrid before I got a 33ft trailer. I like and have no complaints, I have no experience with any other hitches. I had no problem leveling the vehicle by torque the chains.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I use one with my 34' toy hauler dry wight 6800 so I would guess under 8000 loaded. The hitch works well for my needs. My TV is a 2017 power wagon. Easy to set up and it comes with the socket. I bought a ratchet from HF that I keep in the TT.

OP
OP
MJockey

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I use one with my 34' toy hauler dry wight 6800 so I would guess under 8000 loaded. The hitch works well for my needs. My TV is a 2017 power wagon. Easy to set up and it comes with the socket. I bought a ratchet from HF that I keep in the TT.

Did you have to add bags to your PW or was the Anderson hitch enough?

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No air bags the Anderson hitch is doing the job, but with my soft coil springs I would like to have the bags just because, plus if I put a heavy load in the bed.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are a lot more efficient designs on the market. Unless you have space constraint, any number of spring bar systems with integrated sway control will work better.