Android Double Din?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Anyone using these Android Nav head units? They look pretty interesting. Seen a few videos of these on youtube and they run just like your android phone.

I have the 5.0 Uconnect and have been considering an upgrade to a Nav head unit.

($248)
Android Headunit 7" 2 DIN Touch Car DVD Player 3G WiFi GPS Navigation Stereo Cam | eBay

Apparently Pioneer has Android capable Nav head units that function just like the Android head unit i put the link of just above. But its going for $800

I know, i know, you get what you pay for..... but i still wanna know if anyone is running the Android unit.

Vncnz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey i did the avh4100nex in my 2015 ram express awesome rafio for android users and you can use Google maps on the pioneer screen

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Great, does it have an independent Navigation map or do you have to connect it to your device to use the NAV?

Im wondering if youre in an area that you dont have cell reception and you need your map will it continue to navigate ?

Dbenson32

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 TRX
Engine
Check out the avin avant 2...I've been looking recently and its one of the few units worth looking at!

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
May I ask...will these play videos WHILE you're driving? And what size stereo/gps touch screen would fit in my 2010 Sport? I have the stock touch screen in already...but I don't really like it much. Actually...I hate it. HELP?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be very careful with those cheap knock-off radios. 95% of the time they don't fit and 80% of the time they don't work. Customers bring them in quite often, and it is almost never a good result. Also when they do work the Android software runs horrible. Your phone is probably $600+, what kind of processor and components do you think they use is something that is half the price with twice the materials?

On that note, the 4100 is an awesome unit, but realistically I would go with the Kenwood and use Maestro for our trucks.