Another intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I bought a flashpaq tuner for a good price off of a member here a few days ago and want to make the best of it. I only have the 5.2 so I'm not expecting spectacular gains or anything just want to get the most out of it. I have a cherry bomb exhaust setup right now with a gutted cat but am running a 14x3 air filter instead of a cold air system. So now a couple questions arise.

1) should I run a different intake or is the 14x3 okay?

2) I was thinking of going with a brute force knock off from eBay and swapping the filter. After replacing the filter it would be about 120 bucks. But I have also seen people who have made their own. I did quite a bit of searching around here on that last night but never found like an actual write up or supplies needed so I don't know if it would be cheaper to do that or just buy a kit and a nice filter.

I am still interested on making my own if anyone would be willing to share what they did and how to go about doing so.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I think most people say the 14x3 is just fine, I wouldnt know

the home made one,most people use pvc pipe and a air hat from the dakota's, luke used electrical conduit I think.

OP
OP
Hollabakzach23

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow I feel dumb last night I came across pics of his but never came across his thread on it. I figured the 14x3 would probably suffice I think I really just wanna do something different now lol

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah making your own leaves alot of customization available!