Another Ram Express Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s a Texas flag one on eBay.. item# 162875987306 in case you want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eventful day!

I rolled 10k miles, installed the 4600's up front and 5100's out back, and got my truck stuck in my yard. Thankfully the sxs was able to pull it out...I miss 4wd. haha

i-fZQNvC4-X4.jpg

i-6mcq4cB-X4.jpg

i-vqnDXRV-X4.jpg

i-GBtwg8T-X4.jpg

i-BkV5jC5-X4.jpg

i-H8ztZPZ-X4.jpg

These feel way better than the belltech street performance shocks. I keep about 7psi in the bags, and it feels stiffer, with better "recovery" than the SP's. I'm glad I went through the trouble of swapping back to stock to wait on these.

Eddywardo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the bed lights are factory, they were an option on the truck. I love them...they're crazy useful. I just wish they had a button back there to activate them like the 2018's do.

A friend made the sticker! I keep telling her she needs to setup an ecomm store and sell them, they're so cool. I just had one printed for my dad's rebel

i-rNQVjQq.jpg
Do you know the dimensions of the sticker ?

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
c501c500f0325f528bda0aea4ebecd42.jpg32bacbc5c6196ce6865c97e0c190e2bd.jpg

Still working on getting it further back into the bumper, but I got the light bar squared up and installed recently. this thing is insanely bright, and very useful on pitch black texas back roads.

my plan is to pull it completely recessed into the bumper, and cover it somehow so it doesn’t affect output but is a bit more unnoticed.

I also have an edge pulsar coming in the mail. I have never run the pedal commander, so i’m pretty excited to go into this green. i’m not familiar with a tuned ram. I had a trailblazer SS a long time ago with 4 inch intake, fan delete, some other little supporting health mods and a street tune by a local guy. i’ve had a few other custom tuned vehicles, so i’m pretty excited to note the difference the pulsar makes over stock. thinking about making a comprehensive video review of the install as well, i’ll keep it in here!

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my pulsar in, came extremely fast. So far, very satisfied with the product!

Feels like it relies mostly on throttle sensitivity for it's tricks. I can tell it adds timing in the 7/8 performance mode, it pulls very strong. I absolutely can't wait until we can load custom tunes, that is going to be beautiful.

For $460, this is definitely worth the return on investment from the canned tunes. Stock with no mds is a beautiful thing, i no longer have to punch through the gears. The tune that surprises me most ironically is the Eco tune. I am surprised to say i will likely leave it on eco no mds most of the time. It ******* throttle sensitivty, and seems to take away the *jump* that the stock tuning likes to hold when going over hills and overpasses. I can also tell that the acceleration is VERY reserved in town, leading me to think i might actually improve my in-town city mileage.

The 5/6 tow tune is probably the best all around improvement over stock, and I can see myself using it in tandem with tow/haul for the tune + stock shift adjustment.

7/8 performance tune is rock solid. Throttle response is immediate, and tires break loose very easy. Makes the truck feel like it has a bigger stall or something, it wants to move with little effort. I'd say the performance tune is most noticeable around town. From 65mph+, it takes minimal effort to accelerate. However, flooring the pedal doesn't seem to pull like a freight train, thought the timing advance is pretty noticeable. Video below is #8, traction control off. Spins from ~15mph, and i let off around 55ish.

Install was ridiculously quick. very happy with the product so far. planning on putting 1-2k miles on it and reporting back in. i have noticed that it seems to snap into mds on the eco non mds setting, and then snap out really quick. Not sure if i'm imagining that or not.

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
another new mod!

e706f3fffc2aaca7128b206dc1c04908.jpg
3fd2c9f762104f1aed439e6aab067883.jpg

much more convenient than the tote I had back there. I might get a second one, to be able to more evenly distribute my stuff. so far I have 8 ratchet straps, some bungee cables, a small tool bag, my hitch (I don’t like to leave it in the back), a screwdriver kit, and 2 socket kits. it’s stuffed...but it fits. pretty excited about it! install went quickly, but it does use self tapping screws, so you will have to drill. I didn’t mind that.

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Op nicely done and it’s great seeing only the things that you want installed onto your truck.

Thanks, brother! I miss modding a jeep, but there's a lot of functionality to this truck. It's fun getting to do small stuff here and there and build this thing into a practical tow pig and commuter.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What’s this “ Pulsar “ that you gents are speaking of ?

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s this “ Pulsar “ that you gents are speaking of ?

It installs in-line with the PCM, allows for canned tunes on the 15+ rams without the need for an unlocked PCM. Canned tunes are so-so, I prefer street tunes. What really drew me in with the Edge Pulsar (aside from deactivating MDS), was the ability to tune on-the-fly. I keep my truck in the fuel efficiency tune all the time, switch to Tow tune when i have a trailer on or want a little more pep around town, and switch to performance tune when i want to play around. The performance tune is a 91+ octane only, but it adds a little bit of timing in the tune that utilizes the higher octane.

overall, a really sweet little device. Hemifever is testing the ability to add custom tunes supposedly, and that helped me click the "add to cart" button. i'd love a custom tune with the ability to flip back and forth

https://gotexhaust.com/i-23687759-edge-products-32450-pulsar-module.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Rolling throttle up to 60 in the different performance modes on the pulsar.

White flash is approximately when I lean into throttle, and when I hit 60. All of the times were recorded in post, with the stopwatch on my iPhone. (very sophisticated and exact, in other words)

There are 4 total power levels on the Edge Pulsar, but i didn't figure anyone cares about a 0-60 pull in fuel efficiency mode. Traction Control on, no shifting. Just mashing the gas.

I bet I could pull a stock 0-60 under 7 seconds, depending on traction and heat. Looks like performance mode with a tank full of Shell 93 octane pulls *about* 1 second off 0-60 time. I could probably improve that number as well with proper conditions.

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More mods today. Installed a hellwig rear sway bar on firmest setting, and an airlift wireless compressor for the 1000 bags. Some of my favorite mods so far.

8bbb4b85d22a17be8ca142cd1e5ea99f.jpg

My truck used to wobble much worse over 80, I ran it up with tons of confidence today and had no issues. The swaybar is a huge help.

671c4f0a339266b04281664d053f3697.jpg

The wireless one is going to greatly change how I tow. The convenience alone of adding air on the fly is just amazing. I’m really happy with that mod too.

921d9259bd9b8d8e30b238e117c006c1.jpg

Between the swaybar and the compressor, my truck with 5 pounds sits exactly level like I want, doesn’t bottom out (yet) and rides so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered a box for a single ten and a rockford fosgate P3SD4-10. I have a kicker cx300.1 laying around here somewhere that's going to power it. my doors and rear wall are sound deadened, i just realized i never posted about that in here.

pics will follow soon when it comes in!

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pretty big change over the weekend. for backstory, I live in Gaveston TX and we flood pretty easily here. I work downtown and have to brave some pretty decent flood waters to get to work during a heavy rain. with the 2/5 drop, I couldn’t get very far without water coming to the bottom of the door. it didn’t sit right with me.

even though the truck is only 2wd, I decided to lift it and run a 35” tire. so far i’m very happy with the look. I do intend to get a bronzed 20” wheel on the truck in the near future. going a completely different route than before.

the lift is a spindle and spacer lift so in my opinion I GAINED ride quality back by using stock springs. the ride really feels much better in terms of forgiveness than the belltech felt. obviously i lost my cornering and body roll, but my hellwig swaybar helps out there.

f33df1656701984b47240e93333b636b.jpg
eac7fb4d07b3de0786fd064c4e9c9860.jpg
0daf35bc056a39d780adb600eb5958a5.jpg

we took my buddy’s beautiful 7.4L v8 ski boat out on the water, he let me tow it to test out the feel of the lift. I did run bags in the rear, but for some reason I can’t get air in them. i think there’s a conflict near the spacer that’s cutting off air flow.

overall, i’m really happy with it. the look is great, but the ride quality is the biggest win to me.

OP
OP
dearchristopher

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
found and fixed my airbag issue...

d9527d219264f75926a9e0b89624ce7c.jpg

6b3c9763e29fe175329997edb171923c.jpg

fuel mileage hasn’t suffered nearly as bad as I thought it would. the ride quality has improved over the drop kit (imagine that) and I like being up high again. so far this mod isn’t so bad, but I miss the lowered look more than I thought I would